Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Not sure statehood is a good tactic in this political climate but there are some SNAFUS that I think need to unfckd with respect to PR.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
To say the least.

And statehood would not bode well for the crypto broz.
As much as I want to trade crypto somewhere the waves are good and act like a baller in the beach bar and take home a different influencer every night, crypto broz are about the last people I'm worried about. Generally have tech knowledge/interest sufficient to take some Coursera, get a GitHub, and get a comfy job.

I was more worried about people who aren't crypto broz in post-Maria PR having it rough.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
As much as I want to trade crypto somewhere the waves are good and act like a baller in the beach bar and take home a different influencer every night, crypto broz are about the last people I'm worried about. Generally have tech knowledge/interest sufficient to take some Coursera, get a GitHub, and get a comfy job.

I was more worried about people who aren't crypto broz in post-Maria PR having it rough.
But this thread is about crypto.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
But this thread is about crypto.
Moogsies, the words bitcoin, currency, and crypto do not appear in the AP article you posted on Puerto Rico.

I'd think Bitcoin Beach (El Zonte's back beach) might be the more relevant surf zone to mention in a crypto thread.

I feel like I'll be checking back in in a couple years when Bitcoin has stabilized and quietly gone up nicely and everyone's forgotten about it. Like 2020. I'll ride along to Accord Sport/WRX land, then jump ship and plan on sending the IRS money instead of getting any back.

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Subway

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Moogsies, the words bitcoin, currency, and crypto do not appear in the AP article you posted on Puerto Rico.
The fact Puerto Rico is not a state has created financial privileges crypto playaz find very attractive.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Portugal rugged too. Guess a wave pool in Dubai is a crypto bro surfer's last tax free refuge.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Portugal rugged too. Guess a wave pool in Dubai is a crypto bro surfer's last tax free refuge.
Bitcoin Beach brah!

All my bro skis who’ve gone on surf trips to Portugal claim it hard. Said there’s tons of waves and the food is amazing. Cheap cost of living too.
I overheard a guy who lived on Oahu in Mainland and he rated Portugal as well. So did my friends that have been.

Reactions: Aruka

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Isn’t that kind of like when Kramer “retires”? I feel like you‘re the Kramer of the kanaries NTTIAWWT :poke::applause2:
Retiring from a long life of doing nothing (gainful employment wise), means you're properly trained for true retirement.

Don't have to worry about boredom, nor the inevitable 6-12-18 months later heart attack from realizing how much of your life you spent chasing stupid painted little pieces of paper.

You are infinitely more, as a human, than the slaving you do for some crumbs at the behest of your masters.

Rather be a free pauper, than a "wealthy" endentured slave/servant every day of my life.

I was fortunate to be enlightened to the scam early on enough that I still had enough physical aptitude to still live before everything goes the direction of the hair on our heads, south.

Reactions: mundus and sickdog

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Meh. I sell stuff to the tune of many millions per year. It’s stressful at times. But it’s a lot easier to be a little stressed and have a bunch of money than have just a little monies and all the stress. And even though some clients, yes, they’re a PITA, I still actually enjoy all of the clients have when they have a good campaign. i Get paid, and their phone/website/app/QR code lights up like a Christmas tree and often they can’t wait to start planning the next one.

not saying you live a stressful existence out there on The Canaria’s, but, when I pull the plug and move on from the corpo world, it will be with the means to live comfortably in any wave rich region I choose, here in the 21st century, not the 19th.

If I sold my home, I could probably pull the plug now, but, im going to ride this post Covid boom for as long as it runs, weather the coming recession, spend a few more years post recession, and figure by 50 or so, I’ll be ready to pursue a life untethered by corporate obligations. by then I will have nearly 25 years in my industry (started in my 20s) and will likely hang out a consultant shingle for a limited number of clients (I don’t actually want to do much work, I just want to advise people on how to spend their money in my field) and focus on our yoga business, and focus on squeezing out every bit of joy and wonder and adventure with the years we have remaining

besides we don’t want to have to sell our home in LB to facilitate an “early” retirement. I’d rather retire with the home mostly or fully paid off, and use The home as our north east base of operations for the fall, then rent it out every summer for 75k or so, which in turn provides a nice income stream for the aforementioned lifestyle

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
This is going to be one of our income streams/fall retreat to spend the golden months of sept-dec here in New York, enjoying a break from the tropical heat of nicaragua, seeing all of our friends, and scoring some yummy fall swells to boot. And then after Xmas it’s off to Indo for a couple of months, the Azores, hell, the Canaria’s, or western Oz, before returning to Nica in March or whenever
42DEE2C7-E37A-4E04-80B7-4ACC6A01EA18.jpeg
D9B4A58C-B972-4E1A-BF9C-199EDF13211F.jpeg
128DC1B4-919D-4467-9C40-C924A6225616.jpeg

C6F57C7E-CAA9-4EDA-9D7B-77FF3CD81EC1.jpeg3D7212EC-5DAB-49E2-AB9C-6A67FC72D38C.jpeg

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
19th century had solar fotovoltaic? We do.

Electric cars? We do.

Justify a life spent working however you care to, for me I know if I had gone the worker bee route, by the time I hit retirement I would not have the physical ability and health I do now, let alone all the surfing under my belt.

To each their own, as long as it's a path of happiness for all. Suffering is so 19th century. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Whoever said surfers are losers and surfing will ruin your life on that mountain climbers vs surfers IQ thread nailed it.

My ignorance is my bliss.

Drags knuckles down cliff to grab some spring wind swell bouncing off the cliffs.

:computer::monkey::waving::shaka::roflmao:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
This is going to be one of our income streams/fall retreat to spend the golden months of sept-dec here in New York, enjoying a break from the tropical heat of nicaragua, seeing all of our friends, and scoring some yummy fall swells to boot. And then after Xmas it’s off to Indo for a couple of months, the Azores, hell, the Canaria’s, or western Oz, before returning to Nica in March or whenever
View attachment 130121
View attachment 130122
View attachment 130123

View attachment 130124View attachment 130125
Wow, long beach summer rental market can get you $75k or is this elsewhere?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah we’ve been told anywhere from 65-75 k the minute we chose to list it. Long Beach has quickly become a more “affordable” beach town for summer getaways. Covid sent the already super expensive Hamptons into the stratosphere, so many affluent but not quite jetrich Manhattanites have discovered that long beach, while not the tony status symbol that is the hamptons, is a fine beach town to spend a summer with the kids, and the city is only a 45 minute train ride away.

I have friends getting 40 k this summer for a home that’s three times as old as ours, and half the size.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Yeah we’ve been told anywhere from 65-75 k the minute we chose to list it. Long Beach has quickly become a more “affordable” beach town for summer getaways. Covid sent the already super expensive Hamptons into the stratosphere, so many affluent but not quite jetrich Manhattanites have discovered that long beach, while not the tony status symbol that is the hamptons, is a fine beach town to spend a summer with the kids, and the city is only a 45 minute train ride away.

I have friends getting 40 k this summer for a home that’s three times as old as ours, and half the size.

Wow - great!

Reactions: LBKpilot and Subway