Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
5-10 Album Lightbender twin fish in XTR and 6-2 Album Insanity swallow tail 5-fin in PU on order.

Whew, that was a strange couple months not having something in the works!
Did you go with the stock dims or???

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
5-10 Album Lightbender twin fish in XTR and 6-2 Album Insanity swallow tail 5-fin in PU on order.

Normal order has been restored.

Except for, you know, in the rest of America!

Reactions: MathDebater

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I had him make me one like that. Little longer, more rocker, little narrower outline. It's a good board but I think the mistake I made was asking for it to have a center box for a trailing fin. This meant shifting side fins forward. I don't like it as a twin+trailer. It goes good as a twin but I prefer the OG Banjo. I do really like the rocker he used, I think it's his Indo fish rocker but with the fairly wide tail there just isn't enough of a separation between it and the OG.

If (more like when) I was to do another one through Tim I'd probably just go strait Indo fish, maybe ask for an even narrower tail with shallower cut swallow. I don't think the Banjo outline bump is really needed for good surf.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

When will we see a full Aruka quiver video ... kinda like a cribs / lawn patrol video the Wozzle does?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

damn I'm jealous, I want a Lightbender

Reactions: Aruka
Jul 4, 2006
New England
Initial report: this board catches everything. The fin placement makes the board a little tighter/stiffer but that isn’t a bad thing. Running TP quads. 8.C glassing feels light & strong, and not chattery on a bumpy face. That is all.
View attachment 90757
View attachment 90758
You have a chance to try any other fins yet? I've got an RNF retro on order and have Christenson Keels ready to go, but looks like most advice points to running it as a quad or split keel. I see that NVS has their kestrel quads and also album fascination quad sets, both of which have the split keel design. It'll be a smaller wave board for me so I don't mind more speed vs. vertical maneuverability, but looks like running it with straight keels gets the fin a bit up from the tail.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
You have a chance to try any other fins yet? I've got an RNF retro on order and have Christenson Keels ready to go, but looks like most advice points to running it as a quad or split keel. I see that NVS has their kestrel quads and also album fascination quad sets, both of which have the split keel design. It'll be a smaller wave board for me so I don't mind more speed vs. vertical maneuverability, but looks like running it with straight keels gets the fin a bit up from the tail.
no, still on the Timmy Patterson quads which have been working well. The NVS Album quad set looks good to me - but I tend to like upright quad sets more than split keels