Who are the shapers of your quiver?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Greg Griffin Day to day the Modfish2 is one of the most versatile and fun boards I've ever had.
Tim Stamps The Flare is the other one of the most versatile and fun boards I have. I think I have about 7 Stamps total....some of them replacements for favorites that haven't reached their expiration date yet. Top notch glass jobs have my pandemic purchases still sitting unwaxed.
Roberts Not just a great shaper but hard to find a better man. A stoked grom in a giants body.

Last edited:

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I support two shapers in my town - both around 70 years of age and have watched me surf for years. I know where the money goes when I write the check and they always give good feedback. Does your shaper give feedback? I would attempt to shape my own board before I ordered a CI , Rusty, Lost... or even a Griffin.

Support your local shaper.

Reactions: BentoBox70

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Boards I ordered:
Shane Stoneman (x4)

Craigslist, used from a surf shop, free off some curb etc:
Channel Islands (x3)
Vernor (x2)
Malcolm Campbell
John Mel
a "vector vehicles" from the 80s(?)
"Strive" from santa cruz
Cole
McCrystal

Last edited:
Reactions: BentoBox70

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Greg Griffin Day to day the Modfish2 is one of the most versatile and fun boards I've ever had.
Tim Stamps The Flare is the other one of the most versatile and fun boards I have. I think I have about 7 Stamps total....some of them replacements for favorites that haven't reached their expiration date yet. Top notch glass jobs have my pandemic purchases still sitting unwaxed.
Roberts Not just a great shaper but hard to find a better man. A stoked grom in a giants body.
Robert is a true gem of a human being, and an incredible shaper

I got a rack of Bushmans which are all magic and a three pack of Bret Marumoto’s boards right now which work insane

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Pyzel, Mike Daniels, Jim Ellington, Stu Kenson, Michel Junod, GG, Hess, Ed Barbera, Ed Wright, whatever Chinese factory worker pressed the buttons on my Catch Surfs and Wavestorm

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I support two shapers in my town - both around 70 years of age and have watched me surf for years. I know where the money goes when I write the check and they always give good feedback. Does your shaper give feedback? I would attempt to shape my own board before I ordered a CI , Rusty, Lost... or even a Griffin.

Support your local shaper.
Gotten lots of boards from local guys.
used to get boards from Tony Cox and Rashe in the late 80s early 90s , then Pearson and Jon Roberts.

Maybe some of us have ridden long enough We can order what we know works from experienced shapers?

Maybe there is more than one way to skin a cat? GG will talk to me on the phone about new boards and has surfed all the places I surf.

Maybe there is more than one way to do this? Maybe ? Just maybe?

:roflmao:

Probably didn’t need that second bong toke this morning hahaha

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
I like my quiver small- less problem with choosing the right board for the condition.

2 Tim Stamps - 5.8 tkf, 8.4 mid
Zamora - 6.6 egg
Biolos-5.9 96’rnf
Brasington -6.0 shortie
Cabianca - 5’10” shortie (favorite thruster evah)

Reactions: jkb and santacruzin

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Gotten lots of boards from local guys.
used to get boards from Tony Cox and Rashe in the late 80s early 90s , then Pearson and Jon Roberts.

Maybe some of us have ridden long enough We can order what we know works from experienced shapers?

Maybe there is more than one way to skin a cat? GG will talk to me on the phone about new boards and has surfed all the places I surf.

Maybe there is more than one way to do this? Maybe ? Just maybe?

:roflmao:

Probably didn’t need that second bong toke this morning hahaha
LOL. There’s nothing erBB nerds love more than bragging about their own quivers…
Unless it’s judging others’ choices! :ROFLMAO:
SUPPORTYOURLOCALSHAPERBRO!!!SUPPORTYOURLOCALSHAPERBRO!!!