Who are the best surfers in America right now?

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
If you love love love pro surfing can you ever complain about crowds? Should other non pro obsessed surfers get your waves ?

morning pondering

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
If you love love love pro surfing can you ever complain about crowds? Should other non pro obsessed surfers get your waves ?

morning pondering
If a WCT pro falls off the tour and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Subway

BentoBox70

OTF status
Dec 9, 2016
South Bay CA
I think they're all talented. Hate to admit it, they all surf the same to me.

But if I were choose a surfer(s) to watch: Kolohe Andino OR Mason Ho.

But hell, you can't stop watching Dane Reynolds.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
the people's champ.

Gutback king

it is crazy how nimble he is when it looks like the only training he does is the 12oz lift

Reactions: MathDebater

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Ivan Florence is so good when you see him in person.
Saw Yadin Nicol in person a while back and it was obvious he was a cut above everyone else out surfing that day. Just going faster, turning harder and blowing up in the air. Like it or not, there's a reason these guys get paid to surf.

His kid was out too and doing proper top turns and round houses. It was kind of funny because he was so small but surfing like an adult pro.

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Saw Yadin Nicol in person a while back and it was obvious he was a cut above everyone else out surfing that day. Just going faster, turning harder and blowing up in the air. Like it or not, there's a reason these guys get paid to surf.

I surfed with him at the Ventura harbor late one morning. It was us and a couple other guys out on a solid head high day. Mind blowing how easy he made things look.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The best are doing a whole different thing in the water when they’re out there. I’m not going to claim Balaram stack as the best North American surfer, but hes definitely elite level, and when he’s surfing a good tropical or even winter swell at home, he‘s just on some whole different plane of surfing. It’s not just one thing, it’s that he has all of it. Power, style, speed, that effortless way those guys make sections and make huge turns in sections most good surfers would just be happy to make, let alone shralp the snot out of it, or just decide to boost an alley oop over said section, or back door it etc