Who are the best surfers in America right now?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Curious what would be your list of the best surfers in America would be? Not who was great 20 years ago. Who are the best right now? Best on the East Coast? Best on the West Coast?
Lost interest after Dane. Good surfers are a dime a dozen, many will come and will go. Doesn't matter, haven't watched a contest in the past few years. You tend to focus in things which have no value, maybe that's why you're an angry fwustwated man.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Robbie reminds me or Gorkin

Kei was a tiny grom got shredded and is now layin down heavy hacks

Jett went from good to great on lost to sharpeye transition

Kade needs some work but he surfs very clinical, and contest style. Also just realized that matheus herdy is just brazilian kade

Reactions: GromsDad

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
These are guys I think could do well on tours or at least have a career as air guys.

As much as I clown him, Zeke doing weird sh!t like superman fingerflips, and I am stoked to see a younger generation be jackasses considering they are all seemingly straight edge and into fitness. I am supportive of the kids being better than the generations before them but its good to see some people still skating/dirtbiking/being idiots too.

Schulz is pretty crazy too.

I was going to name some older cats like Brett Barley, etc but I wanted to focus on people still up and coming stateside.
(there's probably 50 hawaii groms I don't even know about)

Reactions: GromsDad

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
These are guys I think could do well on tours or at least have a career as air guys.

As much as I clown him, Zeke doing weird sh!t like superman fingerflips, and I am stoked to see a younger generation be jackasses considering they are all seemingly straight edge and into fitness. I am supportive of the kids being better than the generations before them but its good to see some people still skating/dirtbiking/being idiots too.

Schulz is pretty crazy too.

I was going to name some older cats like Brett Barley, etc but I wanted to focus on people still up and coming stateside.
(there's probably 50 hawaii groms I don't even know about)
#1 out of Hawaii for the future?

Reactions: Waterlogged05