Whiteness (white culture) sounds pretty good.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
im not understanding what you’re getting at
for those who are more dense, or less inclined to assume implied meaning, could you explain the point you’re intending to make?
Sorry. List of traits assigned as valuable to white Americans. A person states, "hey, those traits are valuable." That person is white. Confirms the list.

"Science is better than witchcraft." that is not necessarily a commonly held opinion, particularly over time.
"The nuclear family unit is the best family structure." Also not necessarily commonly agreed to.

My point was simple - a white American was arguing for the value of traits ascribed to white Americans.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
These aren’t “white” attributes. These are attributes that, over thousands of years of human societies have evolved because for the most part they are the best way for human societies to live. All human societies of all races.
As a Republican I agree that these attributes (previously described as "white") are "the best way for human societies to live."

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
That’s not that the point. It’s the cultures and societies that develop over time in those types of climates. Look at China/Japan/Korea versus SE Asia and northern vs Southern Europe you will see similar patterns.
Cultures that evolved btw the 30th and 50th parallels latitude are best, eh grapedrink? I see how it is with you.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think the gripe is there were anti black policies of the past that put the blacks behind the 8-ball.
Yeah the gripe exists.

But how in the hell is "intent matters" inherently white?????????????

HAO???

Didn't we just have a Grampa Joe gaffe with "you ain't black, Jack" or whatever and it was explained away as a gaffe-tastic ally being gaffe-tastic, PRECISELY because his intent isn't anti-black?

I get it that Latin American societies are less fixated on being punctual. Okay.

Me and all the German engineers are really sorry that the ignition has to show up a blonde sweet and delicious bag of candy hair after the air-fuel mixture shows up to the correct combustion chamber, and that the intake valve had to be open at the correct time, for the correct length of time. Engineering isn't impressionist art.

You think societies that place less emphasis on being punctual that happen to fish the littoral zone for sustenance don't care if the fisherman try to head out, come in, or fish, on the wrong tide???

No, I am pretty sure "I didn't feel like going out at high tide. Had to scratch my balls a spell and then take a nap" is going to get you clapped upside the dome piece by a bunch of hangry villagers.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah the gripe exists.

But how in the hell is "intent matters" inherently white?????????????

HAO???

Didn't we just have a Grampa Joe gaffe with "you ain't black, Jack" or whatever and it was explained away as a gaffe-tastic ally being gaffe-tastic, PRECISELY because his intent isn't anti-black?

I get it that Latin American societies are less fixated on being punctual. Okay.

Me and all the German engineers are really sorry that the ignition has to show up a blonde sweet and delicious bag of candy hair after the air-fuel mixture shows up to the correct combustion chamber, and that the intake valve had to be open at the correct time, for the correct length of time. Engineering isn't impressionist art.

You think societies that place less emphasis on being punctual that happen to fish the littoral zone for sustenance don't care if the fisherman try to head out, come in, or fish, on the wrong tide???

No, I am pretty sure "I didn't feel like going out at high tide. Had to scratch my balls a spell and then take a nap" is going to get you clapped upside the dome piece by a bunch of hangry villagers.
I think they are saying if you do something wrong but your heart is in the right place whitey will give you a pass.

When my students tell me a story why they didn't do their work, I say this is not a "Who can tell the best story about not having their work done assignment."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kidfury

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Sorry. List of traits assigned as valuable to white Americans. A person states, "hey, those traits are valuable." That person is white. Confirms the list.

"Science is better than witchcraft." that is not necessarily a commonly held opinion, particularly over time.
"The nuclear family unit is the best family structure." Also not necessarily commonly agreed to.

My point was simple - a white American was arguing for the value of traits ascribed to white Americans.
Indeed.

I would only add that the attributes in that list have worked very well for capital. For example, absolute punctuality is absolutely necessary for factory work, but not much else.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Cultures that evolved btw the 30th and 50th parallels latitude are best, eh grapedrink? I see how it is with you.
Um, no. Where did I say that was the best? Check your framing. This has nothing to do with race. Plenty of non-white cultures evolved in those climates as well.

Being forced to survive in a climate where you have to plant crops by a certain time in the spring, harvest those crops, and store enough food, fuel and seed through the winter forces you to have a certain kind of attitude towards work, completing tasks, and time management. As opposed to living somewhere where you can throw your seeds out the window any month of the year and grow a crop, or forage in the forest for food.

Again, it's not about what makes a better society, although this could explain the "work ethic" that is supposedly attributed to "whiteness". Remember, this is your ilk attributing that characteristic to white people, not mine.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
The 30th parallel south passes through Argentina, Brazil, Chile, South Africa, and Australia.
Um, no. Where did I say that was the best? Check your framing. This has nothing to do with race. Plenty of non-white cultures evolved in those climates as well.

Being forced to survive in a climate where you have to plant crops by a certain time in the spring, harvest those crops, and store enough food, fuel and seed through the winter forces you to have a certain kind of attitude towards work, completing tasks, and time management. As opposed to living somewhere where you can throw your seeds out the window any month of the year and grow a crop, or forage in the forest for food.

Again, it's not about what makes a better society, although this could explain the "work ethic" that is supposedly attributed to "whiteness". Remember, this is your ilk attributing that characteristic to white people, not mine.
Man, GRAPEDRINK, that was just a joke about wine-growing regions being the best.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

I think it would help if, for comparison, the list of trait so assigned as valuable to other cultures was also listed or discussed
I don’t expect anyone to actually provide that list, but it would be interesting

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Ironically, America Christian culture is not very Christian.
Yes, because it's based on filthy Purtianism

Everything bad in American culture comes from that. Karenism is a direct descendant of the need to care about what your neighbors are doing and bash them into compliance with the "correct" way of thinking and acting

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
But if you say a black person is stupid and lazy that is racist
No no, everyone knew that was the actual case with Jamarcus Russell. He was so lazy that his life coach literally fired him for lack of effort.

That was a pile of laziness that transcended race.

And made Shawne Merriman get contract bonuses and money.

And then Tila Tequila famous for being coked and plowed til catatonic.

Circle of life.

• Haha
Reactions: npsp and Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yes, because it's based on filthy Purtianism

Everything bad in American culture comes from that. Karenism is a direct descendant of the need to care about what your neighbors are doing and bash them into compliance with the "correct" way of thinking and acting
The Salem Witch Trials are the direct result of Karens. Predominantly chubby middle aged pre-menopausal white women.

I may have to review but did that quality make it into the Whiteness Traits Hall of Fame?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Indeed.

I would only add that the attributes in that list have worked very well for capital. For example, absolute punctuality is absolutely necessary for factory work, but not much else.
I'm high openness.

But I'm not sure that showing up on time is just good for factory work.

When I would play in bands in my early 20s, I used to yell at the other guys in the band when they would show up late for practice.

Maybe that was why they said, "You think you are the boss of this band! But youre not! You're stupid and your songs suck!"?

They used to smoke pot and drink too and I would say, "Lets practice."

They didn't like that either.

So maybe change that to factories and bands?

I've always got pissed at friends for not being timely.

I would say, "I don't do that to you so I expect you not to do that to me!"

Maybe that is why I don't have no friends no more?