White, male, and work in the industry in Hollywood? Not anymore.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Have you watched Hamilton?
Broadway, not Hollywood, so, for most actors, less likely to lead to fortune and fame, but similar
#comparrisonsarehard

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
when and where is this happening? Most actors are white. Most leading roles are white.
From the sounds of the article and I don’t doubt it, it’s already started happening behind the camera both above and below the line along with current and future casting sessions.

They’ve probably pulled it and he’s singing a very different tune now, but I saw an interview with Don Cheadle a long time ago where he was asked about race/color in Hollywood. His answer? Hollywood knows only one color, green.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
So Choki's problem is he wants to gaze at more white men in movies?

Why don't you just stop with the histrionics and say what you really mean?

You telling me you'd rather see more of this

than

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
So Choki's problem is he wants to gaze at more white men in movies?

Why don't you just stop with the histrionics and say what you really mean?

You telling me you'd rather see more of this

than

What I really mean is IDGAF who gets a particular role or job as long as it went to the best possible person regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc.

For example Im cool with the next James Bond being a black chick as long as the next James Bond doesn’t HAVE to be a black chick.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
What I really mean is IDGAF who gets a particular role or job as long as it went to the best possible person regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc.
Do you believe that implicit bias exists and has existed for a long time?
If so, do you have ideas on how to change that?

• Dislike
Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I started reading that article and then realized that since pretty much every movie out is either an interchangeable Marvel movie or a kids animation movie, I really didn't care who bluescreened or voiced any of them.