White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
:roflmao: :eek: :roflmao:

White House staffers asked to resign or work remotely after revealing past marijuana use

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
“Five people are no longer employed at the White House, while additional staffers are working remotely. In many of the cases involving staffers who are no longer employed, additional security factors were in play, including for some hard drug use, the official said.”

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Dumb. The white house policy and this post.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Threads are hard to follow these days.

On one hand, people with some level of drugs in their system are ok to kill if you're a cop.

On the other hand, people with prior heavy drug use shouldn't be removed from their roles in the White House.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
What's wrong with working remotely?

"The White House underscored on Friday that it has eased some restrictions in its security clearance policy to be more lenient about employing individuals with a history of drug use."

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
Oh to be a writer for SNL this week.

:roflmao:

Does this mean that if Joe had had his way he would have made Barack work remotely? :cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ElOgro

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It said most also had other security and/or hard drug use issues. There’s nothing wrong with that policy.
The whole thing is vague, unfortunately. It's not clear what the exact questions were. "Have you ever used cocaine?" I mean Jesus just about everyone working on Wall Street in the 80s or 90s used cocaine.

I doubt anyone admits to current "issues" with hard drugs, though I can understand why people who admitted to say recent use of heroin might not get the job.

People are just going to lie about it now. Whatever.

"Two sources said it was suggested to some during the presidential transition period that previous marijuana use might not disqualify individuals from serving in the White House. One source said the marijuana policy was not made clear to staffers before filling out their questionnaires."

The feds still need to catch up with the states on the marijuana thing.

Reactions: test_article

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The whole thing is vague, unfortunately. It's not clear what the exact questions were. "Have you ever used cocaine?" I mean Jesus just about everyone working on Wall Street in the 80s or 90s used cocaine.

I doubt anyone admits to current "issues" with hard drugs, though I can understand why people who admitted to say recent use of heroin might not get the job.

People are just going to lie about it now. Whatever.

"Two sources said it was suggested to some during the presidential transition period that previous marijuana use might not disqualify individuals from serving in the White House. One source said the marijuana policy was not made clear to staffers before filling out their questionnaires."

The feds still need to catch up with the states on the marijuana thing.
I get it, but you need to know your audience too. It’s not a surprise that Biden might have a less-than-current policy on drugs. but I’ve done background check interviews and drug use is always on there.

Reactions: enframed