While you kooks were arguing politics.....THIS

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
IT seems like the east coast has been getting more swell than the west coast around this time of year.

It's a lake out front in OCeanside.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
manbearpig said:
Why are you posting here if it's firing?

Jesus man get out there.
mandatory reminder that GromsDad lives at the beach

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
And yet, somehow, you've managed to post in the politics section more than fifty times in the last three days.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
OTdos said:
afoaf said:
manbearpig said:
Why are you posting here if it's firing?

Jesus man get out there.
mandatory reminder that GromsDad lives at the beach
600 yd? 300yd? Oh yeah.
Honest question, what does the water always look like diarrhea?
Lot of the east coast breaks have brown water because of nearby inlets and marshes. The plant life releases tannin which turns the water in our rivers and bays dark. Its pretty much the same stuff that makes tea the color it is.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
In New England we also have had insane conditions for the last 5 weeks straight and our water is beautiful blue too.

I always assumed the jersey brown water was because of the sand

Our sand is more gray. South it is more brown

The tannin thing is interesting

Hadn't heard that before

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
BillyOcean said:
In New England we also have had insane conditions for the last 5 weeks straight and our water is beautiful blue too.

I always assumed the jersey brown water was because of the sand

Our sand is more gray. South it is more brown

The tannin thing is interesting

Hadn't heard that before
Its the rivers and marshes. Anywhere you have sedge marshes and bays that dump into the ocean you get tannin stained water. Up in New England you don't have the marshes and your rivers for the most part are rock or sand bottom while ours are mud. Same thing down in Hatteras. You can't get a more pristine piece of coast than Hatteras but much of the time the water is the same brown color as New Jersey especially if the currents are pushing the right way. Another day the water in Hatteras can look like the Bahamas. It all depends on the currents. Some places in New Jersey do get fairly clear water and if the currents are right the water can be clear just about anywhere.

PS: Some friends headed up to Rhode Island and the pictures they put on social media from yesterday looked real good.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Yeah I noticed OBX has the same water color thing

I am in RI

It has been the best month I have ever seen

Warm water, warm weather, clean, powerful, all spots working

Of course now that I have a new board on the way it will probably go flat for like a
month