Which one of you was this?

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
I had my suspicions, but the guy didn’t mention exactly how many yards away he lived from the surf so I’m just not quite sure.

Reactions: everysurfer

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
I wish that wave was worth getting that worked up over but that States Ave area hasn't worked in a long time

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
Ben is 100% right, why is always some of of shape guy having a cup of coffee at the access that has "surfed there all his life" that might I add you never EVER actually see in the water that wants to be the lineup cop.
Quit your crying , It's a beach break.....pick a street and paddle out or just sit there and talk about how good it use to be back in the day and make excuses why he's paddling out and you're not.
Ben gravy is the most stoked surfer I can recall, leave it to the instalocal to try and ruin the guys day.
Ben if you lurk the erBB, come on down to JAX, you can film our "secret spots" too..... I'll show you around.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Ben should have asked the guy if he lives on Absecon Island and if he doesn't told him to go back the fuk where he came from or shut the fuk up. 90+% of the people who surf Atlantic City come from inland. I'd be willing to bet the asshole lives 45 minutes west by way of the Atlantic City Expressway.

Quote: "I can't get a wave anymore." If you can't get a wave anymore on Absecon Island you must really suck. Then take up a new hobby.

Newsflash: On certain days with a certain wind direction Atlantic City gets really crowded. Change that wind direction a few more degrees and the crowd is in Cape May. A few degrees the other direction and the mob goes to LBI, Bayhead, SL or other more northern spots. The dumbass in the video is such a kook that he doesn't understand why people show up on certain days and all of a sudden he "can't get a wave anymore". What a fukkin kook.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ratfink

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I wish that wave was worth getting that worked up over but that States Ave area hasn't worked in a long time
like 40 years ago and it was famous then, a contest venue, in fact. that's a riot, someone getting called out for blowing up States Ave. and for many years, there was only a handful of true locals (read: white boys) - in the South Inlet - i know coz i was one of them. back in the day, the beach was regulated mainly by the local Puerto Rican kids, who could swipe your board off the beach faster than you can say "White House Subs".

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
like 40 years ago and it was famous then, a contest venue, in fact. that's a riot, someone getting called out for blowing up States Ave. and for many years, there was only a handful of true locals (read: white boys) - in the South Inlet - i know coz i was one of them. back in the day, the beach was regulated mainly by the local Puerto Rican kids, who could swipe your board off the beach faster than you can say "White House Subs".
White House........Yummmmmm!!!! Rivaled only by Sugar Hill.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
That dude would have been really pissed this weekend if there had been waves. There was a USA Surfing Prime event scheduled for that exact beach but it got cancelled. There would have been rippers from all over the country there. Wonder how pissed that asshole was back when the OP Pro was held in AC.