where you can surf in the world right now with no issues (corona virus related)

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Nicaragua .... only one spot that i know of that access has been closed. Surfed yesterday - at a fairly popular spot - only one other person out - sets were head high - glassy conditions. But mother nature has her own way of saying get out of the water. Surfed Monday monday morning - board shorts and a long sleeve topper - got chewed up by jelly fish. Spent the afternoon in the pool trying to cool off the stings. So Wednesday - decided to wear my short sleeve full spring suit - of course my forearms got chewed up - but was worth it.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The kids tell me that the Guerrero state government has closed the beaches effective immediately. I doubt the National Guard will drive down to the beach here to enforce that but they may stop people from entering at the highway that aren’t permanent residents. The kids are looking at empty surf for the foreseeable future.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
certain Caribbean islands
Hawaii
Chile
west oz
trestles

anywhere else?

these places seem to be the only places where people arent getting harassed to surf. look like all of Europe, teahopoo, south Africa, costa rica are off limits.
i keep looking at surfline and people are surfing in new england and long island with no headaches from cops???

whats the deal??

Actually, WhoFarted, that's none of your goddamn motherfucking business.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You can go sit in the water on a surfboard anywhere in the pismo to shell area. May as well sit there on a duck for all it matters, all wind no waves. Parking lots are closed, but surfers usually street park pismo to shell.
Haven't been north to Morro Bay and such, might have been a couple good mornings though I imagine?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
didn't you post those images a week or two ago?
Yes. But it has been good again for two days. not as good as in pics. All parking taken by mostly residents. Public/town lots closed. Locals happily walking on big long white sand beaches and locals surfing (or guys like my buddies lucky enough to park in front of my curb cutout) surfing is not shut down here