Where to go in December?

Oct 7, 2015
Mr Doof said:
Where is the starting point, how much you got to spend, is there a need for warm water, etc. More details = better suggestions.
get flying discounts. 3/2 is fine. considering Philippines (Siargao) or Peru (my backside is bad). thank you!

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
k00karacha said:
Mr Doof said:
Where is the starting point, how much you got to spend, is there a need for warm water, etc. More details = better suggestions.
get flying discounts. 3/2 is fine. considering Philippines (Siargao) or Peru (my backside is bad). thank you!
re Peru....the land of perfect lefts is stacked with rights.

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
Not too sure if bocas is cheap

Watching this thread....Looking for somewhere in Dec also

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Bocas Del Toro - most of the footage I see from there looks like really sloppy surf not to mention crowded. Looks like a place where someone would break board or body on a small crappy day.

Reactions: Ricknj

Ricknj

OTF status
Feb 29, 2008
nj
no need to bring boards?
every time I traveled without a board I regretted it, unless you can line up excatley what you want its tough to find good rentals in 3rd world countries even places in CR can be tough..Airlines are loosening there grip on fees w surfboards

last December I went to Barbados W the GF she took a few lessons and I rented a longboard then traded it in for a shortboard for Soup bowls was a good trip also rented a car for the week from the same guy had lessons and boards from
not too expensive..
that trip I didn't need my own board I didn't expect great waves either but they were fun for the longboard and soups is onshore that time of year so no big deal I didn't have my own HPSB

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I'm about 90% sure I'm headed to Ericeria right after Christmas. I see 7 nights with breakfast, 2 tix and a car for $3400. Not the best flights but shorter layovers are $500 more per person.

Reactions: Iceman