Where is Peng Shuai?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I love how the IOC is basically ok with China kidnapping people

USTA has bigger balls than NBA

when are people going to wise up about China?

they are a global catastrophe in the making
When our Billionaires stop making money off slave labor.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I went to teach in China in 2000 and it was an eye opener.

What a fucking sh!t show.

Right after I almost got in a fist fight with the school principal, I ended up leaving, virtually escaping, sneaking out without telling my overlords and driving 3 hours across rural China to the nearest international airport. They sent some one after us to bring us back and we had to hide before we could get our plane to Hong Kong and then home.

It was so insane.

When I talk about it, I get triggered.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Boycott all Chinese made products? :unsure:
Good luck with that.

The issue I do have with American made is it’s difficult to afford. I buy American whenever possible. But I was listening to jocko willink and rogaine and they were going on about his company and how manufacturing needs to return, which I do agree with. Covid has made that blatantly obvious.

But Mother fucker we all Cant afford $400 boots.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i dunno... maybe the entire last administration?

try’an pay attention, mmmmkay?

View attachment 120117
That clown sucked China's kawk so his daughter's sh!t could get made there.

The Winter Olympians, this is their lives. They normally get one cycle. If they win a gold, it changes their lives in lots of these sports. If they don't they're working at McD's.

At least the Olympic athletes really need it. LeBron James fellating their peng is just lolfail.

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
That clown sucked China's kawk so his daughter's sh!t could get made there.

The Winter Olympians, this is their lives. They normally get one cycle. If they win a gold, it changes their lives in lots of these sports. If they don't they're working at McD's.

At least the Olympic athletes really need it. LeBron James fellating their peng is just lolfail.
AE4E7DAD-0AA7-44C7-94F8-38E120E105CA.jpeg

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I went to teach in China in 2000 and it was an eye opener.

What a fucking sh!t show.

Right after I almost got in a fist fight with the school principal, I ended up leaving, virtually escaping, sneaking out without telling my overlords and driving 3 hours across rural China to the nearest international airport. They sent some one after us to bring us back and we had to hide before we could get our plane to Hong Kong and then home.

It was so insane.

When I talk about it, I get triggered.
Deng Xiaoping made a deal: We'll let you have a certain amount of capitalism and the economy will grow like crazy and many hundreds of millions of Chinese will see their lives improve immensely. But, in exchange for letting you overcome poverty and moving so far up the economic ladder, we will keep the police state and not let you have true freedom. His successor Jiang kept this policy and Xi has doubled down on the police state part.

Reactions: afoaf

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Good luck with that.

The issue I do have with American made is it’s difficult to afford. I buy American whenever possible. But I was listening to jocko willink and rogaine and they were going on about his company and how manufacturing needs to return, which I do agree with. Covid has made that blatantly obvious.

When those $400 boots last 3-4 x longer than the <$200 boots they become very affordable.

The main hurdle we experience to buying 100% American made (including NAFTA countries) is conveniently locating the merchandise. Most tools are easily sourced but clothing, cookware and day to day utensils, etc... not so much.

Reactions: Ifallalot

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
When those $400 boots last 3-4 x longer than the <$200 boots they become very affordable.

The main hurdle we experience to buying 100% American made (including NAFTA countries) is conveniently locating the merchandise. Most tools are easily sourced but clothing, cookware and day to day utensils, etc... not so much.
Don’t get me wrong I understand that return over time but most people can’t pull that upfront cost.

you’re talking to a guy who does wear $400 boots for work (very well made German), and I’m lucky to get a year out of them.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Xi has doubled down on the police state part.
this will (should) be their undoing

once you shed the yoke of poverty you achieve a level of sentience that is incompatible with the type of authoritarianism china is (in)famous for

you can't blacklist human nature away

Reactions: npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Don’t get me wrong I understand that return over time but most people can’t pull that upfront cost.

you’re talking to a guy who does wear $400 boots for work (very well made German), and I’m lucky to get a year out of them.
Well you are an urban lumberjack so you should get a boot allowance or at least a write off. When I was in the field doing construction, I got a $300.00/year boot and $100.00/year PPE allowance.

I do understand re the upfront cost but that to is manageable if you know how to budget. I have nice >$200.00 boots. I'm not in the field as much these days so they tend to last me >4 years, even more if I get them resoled for $100.00. When the uppers or toe start to show wear, I start putting a little money away in the boot fund.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
this will (should) be their undoing

once you shed the yoke of poverty you achieve a level of sentience that is incompatible with the type of authoritarianism china is (in)famous for

you can't blacklist human nature away
I hope so. The masses need to rise up. It will be interesting to see how this newer "middle class" will respond when Xi really starts to tighten the screws. I fear they will fall in line and same old same old....
Regardless, China has a tough road ahead as they are facing shortages on many fronts including labor. The true scope of their human losses to COVID are starting to show as their manufacturing capacity due to labor shortages has fallen off dramatically. We see this in the long lead times for simple cast items that are holding up component orders we have with several suppliers. 8 weeks for a simple gearbox.... that was either a stock item or 2 weeks max lead time if on back order just a couple of months ago.
The CCPs lack of concern for human life will be their ultimate downfall.

Reactions: afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Good luck with that.

Not all of the boots are $400

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

I love buying Made In the USA and do so whenever possible. For me it’s worth the extra money just to know some sketchy foreigner didn’t make my truck, boots, guns, jeans, etc.

Here in Rock, Flag and Eagle Colorado it sure seems like the local hardware store has gone out of their way to stock as many American made products as they can.

Reactions: npsp