enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Taylor is good. Also:

Michter's American
Taylor Rye
Bernheim
Hillrock (Dave Pickerell's last project)
Four Roses

Just about anything made by Buffalo Trace

if you can find a bottle, Mic. Drop.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I only drink Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Jim Beam
Bulleit
Basil Hayden's
Colonel E.H. Taylor - small batch or single barrel

Try tell me I'm wrong. :shaka:
No beer chaser with the Beam? That’s coonass style. It’ll work on you.

Reactions: keenfish

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I don't drink much liquor but go to would be the og bourbon makers like Makers, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, and Weller's 12 when the price didn't go almost Pappy level.
I think Whistle Pig could be the shiz when they're bottling 10-12+ year old stuff that's 100% home grown if they aren't already there yet.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
I don't drink much liquor but go to would be the og bourbon makers like Makers, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, and Weller's 12 when the price didn't go almost Pappy level.
People learned that Weller 12 is basically Pappy, hence aftermarket price. Retailers and restos don't pay that much for it, but they gauge for sure.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I only drink Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Jim Beam
Bulleit
Basil Hayden's
Colonel E.H. Taylor - small batch or single barrel

Try tell me I'm wrong. :shaka:
Not wrong. Woodford Reserve when I want to drink it neat, or Makers 46 if I'm making a mint julip. Both work nicely on the rocks. 1.75 L bottles from Costco for the win :beer:

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
I'll hunt the Buffalo down. I have a place that I'm pretty sure I can source it. Thanks for the tip!
I'll bet you High Times has it.
I was just there today buying a case of assorted IPAs for a buddy that did me a solid. That place has everything.
I don't drink much but I usually go there to buy gifts. I've found wine from an obscure little Santa Barbara winery that I didn't even think sold retail.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
A new and easy test for the horror of Covid 19 is doing the rounds and it's simple, quick and positive (or negative if you see what I mean).

Take a glass and pour a decent dram of your favorite whisky or whiskey into it; then see if you can smell it. If you can, then you are halfway there.

Then drink it. If you can taste it then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus because the loss of the sense of smell and taste is a common symptom.

I tested myself 7 times last night and was virus free every time thank goodness.

I will have to test myself again today because I have developed a throbbing headache which can also be one of the symptoms.

I'll report my results later

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
just finished another bottle of woodford reserve. bulleit is waiting for me next. whistlepig was my next favorite.
Woodford is my goto. Wish I had never tried the double oaked since I can't afford it. And it is so damn good!

I'm not really picky. If your buying, I'll have what you're having... But I do have one hang-up. It absolutely has to be neat. Doesn't matter how cheap or expensive the stuff is, if you drop rocks in it, it totally ruins it for me. I mean completely undrinkable.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Taylor is good. Also:

Michter's American
Taylor Rye
Bernheim
Hillrock (Dave Pickerell's last project)
Four Roses

Just about anything made by Buffalo Trace

if you can find a bottle, Mic. Drop.
Four Roses is trash.

• Dislike
Reactions: enframed

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Woodford is my goto. Wish I had never tried the double oaked since I can't afford it. And it is so damn good!

I'm not really picky. If your buying, I'll have what you're having... But I do have one hang-up. It absolutely has to be neat. Doesn't matter how cheap or expensive the stuff is, if you drop rocks in it, it totally ruins it for me. I mean completely undrinkable.
Depends on strength at bottling. I don't like to add rocks and chill it, but a little dilution is nice if it's above 50%, for some whiskeys.

Reactions: crustBrother