When did gerry lopez get into the soft top biz?

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
Being core was so 90's. Selling out is all the rage.

Check me out on insta bros. Like subscribe and while your'e at it join my patreon! For $5/month you can watch me live the life while you slave away at a job you hate. Yea!

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Kinda hard not to sell out when everyone else is doing it and beach life is only getting more expensive.

Pro model soft tops is the rad fad and I think we can all thank JOB for this.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Just cuz the guy does yoga doesn't mean he's an eco-warrior. But you'd think his sponsor Patagonia would frown on the association with these soft-tops without even a claim to being recyclable like the Almond or Album ones.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Just cuz the guy does yoga doesn't mean he's an eco-warrior. But you'd think his sponsor Patagonia would frown on the association with these soft-tops without even a claim to being recyclable like the Almond or Album ones.
Patagucci/FCD has on site recyclable foam machine and presses own XEPS blanks.

Reactions: oeste858

HSY

OTF status
Aug 15, 2011
Right. You'd think they would've collaborated with Gerry on something like the Almond soft top.
I feel like he's had a licensing deal with surftech for a while now which might preclude him from collaborating with other surfboard makers (patagonia has sold his custom boards in their surf shops they're just not made by FCD)... which is still weird since surftech makes soft-tops but not the ones sold at costco.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Patagonia has no problem associating itself Yvon Chounard (burns people surfing, prevents Argentinians from having electricity, blocks access to his private lands while claiming to be the champion of public lands, flys private jets, donates to politicians that closed beaches and had surfers arrested) so why would this be a problem for them?