When Biden said Mary Barra changed the world with the electric vehicle and that GM (11th ranked EV producer) was leading the way....what did he mean?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my kids backslide all the time

it's really hard trying to change behavior

there are just sooo many of them out there

Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
my kids backslide all the time

it's really hard trying to change behavior

there are just sooo many of them out there
We grew up in a really brutal time. Being a kid meant you hide your weakness...genetic or otherwise or the whole neighborhood was going to make your life miserable. Kids have this keen sense of weakness or just if something is going on and they exploit it. I look at my kids and my inclination is to think they are soft but it's really that they are better than we were.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
my cousin had a baby with Downs and now I'm trying to cut the r word
I try to be sensitive of people's feelings.

But when you make a word taboo because it triggers you, even when the word is not being used against you to hurt you, you are giving up some of the control you have over self regulating.

You are also priming faulty neuroception in yourself which is bad.

The Stoics would not approve.

Reactions: npsp and afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We grew up in a really brutal time. Being a kid meant you hide your weakness...genetic or otherwise or the whole neighborhood was going to make your life miserable. Kids have this keen sense of weakness or just if something is going on and they exploit it. I look at my kids and my inclination is to think they are soft but it's really that they are better than we were.
They're not better; its softness. It is making them weak for when they have to deal with mean people. Mean people will always exist

Also, it's enabling them to hold asinine ideas like genderfluidity, furries, and all kinds of other degenerate and deviant behaviors and identities that the natural bullying process would otherwise nip in the bud

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When I was a kid my parents tried to mold me into a polite little English gentleman.

It had no effect on me.

I was and still am a beast.

Nature > nurture.

What I see is asserting dominance by playing the victim.

The shield is used as a sword.

That doesn't mean a kid is soft.

It means that they are using covert aggression tactically, perhaps automatically.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
When I was a kid my parents tried to mold me into a polite little English gentleman.

It had no effect on me.

I was and still am a beast.

Nature > nurture.

What I see is asserting dominance by playing the victim.

The shield is used as a sword.

That doesn't mean a kid is soft.

It means that they are using covert aggression tactically, perhaps automatically.
Good points