what'z on the menu?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Ok AFOAF close your ear but let’s see, this week I had lunch at Wolfgang, dinner the next night at Benjamin, and then a much needed lighter lunch at the union square cafe today,

and I bought two jars of really good looking flower at the sick new weed truck on park ave, just 2 blocks north of the USQ. Sherbacio (which I have tried and love) and “push pop” which I have yet to try
It's past time for you to organize the erbb meetup at Rao's. Be a gentleman for crying out loud...in a pinch Bamonte's will do. Lemme know.

Reactions: Subway

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Any good pasta sauce recipes?
This is my go-to, to which I might add a little something or other, sometimes. I have not met anyone who doesn't love this sauce.

Food52.com and Seriouseats.com are the sites I check first when looking for recipes.

Bolognese, Amatriciana, and Arrabiata are also great but more complicated. Good Bolognese takes all day to make.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It's past time for you to organize the erbb meetup at Rao's. Be a gentleman for crying out loud...in a pinch Bamonte's will do. Lemme know.
I don’t think i could get a table at Rao’s….I would have to rattle the expense account wireless and see what media company or finance friend of a friend is holding a 4 top, and somehow get one of their nights. it ain’t easy from what I understand. Even for the wealthy and connected, neither of which I am, in the true NY sense of the terms.

but a 10 top on short notice at the OG Wolfgang on 33rd? I’m your huckleberry. I’ve been in their “computer” for 15 years now. I don’t get special treatment or comps, except a strudel of course (mit schlag)

there are hundreds of big fish who eat there weekly. But I have long enough history to often get a table on the phone when none are available online. Obligatory visit from the manager, a few of whom I have actually known since 2008 or 9. Best porterhouse in the city, and I was raised on Luger. Wolfgang has reigned for years now.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
My dad used to got to Lugers when he did sales and those multi martini lunches in NYC. He always talks about last time he ate there and the waiter put the steak on the table an right on top of the steak was a gigantic cockroach, fully alert w/ antennae swirling around. Amazing the steak made it from the cooks to the waiter to the table with nobody noticing it.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and keenfish

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It really is kinda sad, the decline of a place so legendary

wolfgang more than makes up for it. Thats probably why Wolfgang left Luger all those years ago now to start his own empire.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
My wife and I went to the BK Peter Luger's and we were not that impressed.
It was good. It just wasn't great.
And for the money, I honestly expected better.
I'm not sure if it's still there or if it changed over the years...but the MarkJoseph steakhouse used to be pretty good if you want to schlep all the way down to lower Manhatten.....but if you're going all the way to Lugars it's one bridge closer. It's the same NY Style steakhouse but of course a few more options that Lugars. A friend of mine brought me there in 2008 the day Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy. He said it was a hotspot but we were the only people there at like 7PM. The bartender said it got busy after lunch but no one was eating.

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink