What's your favorite board between a groveler and a shortboard?

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
LOL.
What XTR construction did you order?
So, is it meant to be surfed in waves below your NB or above?
SL-C (their non-advertised stringerless with the elongated diamond shaped deck carbon patch and full carbon band on the bottom) in 8.C.

I'm planning on using it in waves thigh to chest, so a little under what I'm generally using the NB2 in.

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
The tomo's like the Vader, Nano or Cymatic. Good low end, plenty of performance

the hippy tail fling looks like a good graveller step up

Hip Fling or a RR been on my radar. Haven't heard a bad thing about Flings yet. RR seems hit or miss.
Thinking 5'9x20x2 7/16 33L for my 6'3x180ish self.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Not trying to turn this into a Q&A session but what about the Beard Fish? Has anyone gotten their hands/feet on one of these?

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Not trying to turn this into a Q&A session but what about the Beard Fish? Has anyone gotten their hands/feet on one of these?
Local ripper/shop employee says it's pretty much his favorite board ever for shoulder high and under. He was a JS rep and gets tons of boards from the big selection at the shop. He was joking that it's ruined him for all other small wave boards.

Reactions: Aruka

Tomay

OTF status
Feb 2, 2010
Seen heaps come up for sale second hand around here. Heard its a board some click with and others hate.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
A guy at my local has pretty much stopped surfing the rest of his quiver since he got one right around when they came out. It looks fun.