What's your earliest memory?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I remember our ranch in Murrieta Hot Springs when I was 2.

I remember everything about it.

The house itself.

The yard with the two sheep that drank out of the bathtub water trough. One of them had a black face and the other was all white. They were our pets.

Blue boy was our dog. He was a border collie with one dark eye and one blue eye. That's why we called him blue boy.

The hill down to the barn. the tractors. the alfalfa bails.

The hand pump water spigot that had polly wogs in the water pooled around it. That was my favorite thing to see was the polly wogs.

My Moms garden up above next to the house.

Crazy memories from that age and so many more from then to the pre-9 year old years.

My memory is like a steel trap.

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
That's wild. I have one memory from when I was around 2. My childhood house had a 2nd floor addition put on and I remember sleeping in an unfinished room up there. Wasn't too keen on it at the time.

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
The maternity ward. Based on maybe that reoccurring vivid semi-daydream I would experience every year or so could be explained by the sensation of expanding knowledge, and a void of any previous knowledge, and vibration from the cart being rolled as I lay in it. One episode I was able to replay in my mind over, and over, until I came to that conclusion. The thoughts never returned after that day. Next memory not until age 3, or so.

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
1 1/2, 2 maybe. i choked on shredded carrots at my grandparents house where my mom and I were living. it was on the beach in oxnard, on Hollywood beach. my aunt helped me by slapping me on the back.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I was born a poor black child. So my earliest memories are spending the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I remember waiting for my older sister to come home from school. She was two years older than me, which means I was 3. We had this row of bushes that lined the walk to our front door and they attracted swarms of bumblebees. Our parents told us they were harmless but we were not convinced. I would wait because I was concerned for her safety. So would run past the bushes.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
All age 3 or younger:

First memory - being in my crib looking up at the yellow painted walls ( 1 or 2 y/o)

Sometime around the same age - our small kitchen, with the door out the side to the driveway
My dad cutting up bratwurst, trying to feed it to me, and me being disgusted.
My dad also had a freaky mask that was the face of an old man, he popped in the kitchen once with it on and scared the sh!t outta me. :roflmao:

My grandad filling a jug with a hand water pump to water the flowers on his stepson's grave. He kept the jug hanging on a tree branch just over the edge of a ravine behind the grave.

Playing in one of those cheap little plastic pools in front of our apartment

My dad going to the hospital with food poisoning.

Jumping on the couch at a friend's house and being bitten on the arm by a girl named Megan.

Interestingly I've always heard you have no memories before age 3 or 4 but this thread obviously shows otherwise.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have a couple memories around 3. We lived in a row house in Baltimore and we had a yard that had steps down to the alley. A bunch of us kids were playing in our yard and this one jew fro looking kid was mean to me. He went down to the alley to ride his big wheel and I climbed the little chain link fence and threw half a brick down on him and smashed his head open. He ran back into our house where his mom was and he was screaming, blood running down his face.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Can't remember how old I was, but I stuck my finger in a hole on the hardware of a playpen.
Got stuck.
Mom called the Fire Department :foreheadslap:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
One more.
Think I was 3 or so and I got ahold of a can of black spray paint and tagged the side of out neighbors white garage wall. (must have been the first signs of the artist in me).
Dad had to paint the side of the garage.

scooch

Nep status
Jun 14, 2013
Laying in my crib and looking up at the sunlight shining through a round window we had in our apartment. I believe there were some panes in the window too. I remember giggling at the sunlight. Not sure how old i was but I was still in a crib.