What's up with....Thread

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
THIS!!!!!! :mad::foreheadslap:
honestly, these end up being the best waves I snag. For some reason when I’m out the back it goes to hell for me, but if I’m just inside, I can nudge guys too far outside with positioning and then those ones just come straight to me (provided you have to paddle-check everyone).

decent thread.

also, what’s up with guys using any coverings to change into wetsuits? Curren would notoriously drop trou and share the view with everyone. I wonder if we started that trend back up if we could thin the lineup via parking area avoidance.

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
What’s up with people who don’t yell “go” once they know they’re not going to scratch in. I know it’s an irrationally huge pet peeve of mine. But such a d1k move. At least if you drop in, you’re being a d1k for a wave. What are you getting out of making eye contact then pulling back? If anything, you yell “go”, and there’s one less person in the line up for the next wave. Rant over
I always try to yell go (fewer people in the lineup for the next one) but recently I've switched to saying "YOURS!" at people, less room for confusion between GO and NO

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
What's up with the dude who back paddles you all day and then when finally had enough and fully intend to go and run him over he pulls away and says "go" like he is now your friend?

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Wtf is up with people asking "you going?" when a peach is coming and you're obviously paddling for it?

And with 30 kooks battling it out at 2ft sloppy beach break, when there are 5 good empty reefs nearby breaking at 4-5ft?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Non verbal preferred sometimes. Talking to strangers is so like ye ole wino daze.
Read my mind.
Respeck mAh Awe-Thor-it-TayBut really if I'm not going I always say something like "you got it" or "you go not me"
There's always some guy asserting himself vocally and that guy is a silence breaking tool of a wanna-be heavy type, too often they're just wasting the peace of the place.
We get average older surfers hanging outside on SUP's trying to be the peaks head honcho and it's distasteful and makes me wanna just go anyway just to point out they don't call the shots, but I often just paddle away these days.
Coming Down STRAIGHT Bro!!

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Whats up with mouth mount? Looks like mount used for latest p* r* scene....And why do people need to gopro every session and gopro shot is from nose so 1' (CA scale) mushburger looks like its toe high.
and what’s with duuu’s flashing photos from a long lens up the beach that makes the wave look 2x bigger and claiming it was double overhead to their internet bros?

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Non verbal preferred sometimes. Talking to strangers is so like ye ole wino daze.
Read my mind.
Respeck mAh Awe-Thor-it-TayBut really if I'm not going I always say something like "you got it" or "you go not me"
There's always some guy asserting himself vocally and that guy is a silence breaking tool of a wanna-be heavy type, too often they're just wasting the peace of the place.
We get average older surfers hanging outside on SUP's trying to be the peaks head honcho and it's distasteful and makes me wanna just go anyway just to point out they don't call the shots, but I often just paddle away these days.
Coming Down STRAIGHT Bro!!

Burn them. Most of the time they won't say anything, and if they do, say your part. Guy backpaddles you? Burn him, fade him into going straight and then do a delayed bottom turn into your line. Or just burn him and ride in front of him. Sends a pretty effective message, and if they have a problem, that's their problem. If they complain, let em know you don't play that sh-it. Just internalizing the resentment and frustration only adversely impacts you, and they won't ever learn if nobody teaches them the lesson

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I originally saw it as an ad, they were getting roasted in the comments and taking it personally. For some reason I couldn't share that one, unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: ghostshaper