What's up with....Thread

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
What’s up with people who don’t yell “go” once they know they’re not going to scratch in. I know it’s an irrationally huge pet peeve of mine. But such a d1k move. At least if you drop in, you’re being a d1k for a wave. What are you getting out of making eye contact then pulling back? If anything, you yell “go”, and there’s one less person in the line up for the next wave. Rant over

1616274174307.jpeg

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What’s up with people who don’t yell “go” once they know they’re not going to scratch in. I know it’s an irrationally huge pet peeve of mine. But such a d1k move. At least if you drop in, you’re being a d1k for a wave. What are you getting out of making eye contact then pulling back? If anything, you yell “go”, and there’s one less person in the line up for the next wave. Rant over

View attachment 106798
totally agree. I always do that if I can't catch it. why waste a wave? Because of this, I don't give guys the benefit of the doubt any more, I keep paddling until they are actually dropping in before I pull back.
I also get annoyed by someone not saying right or left when you're paddling for the same wave. Lineups are too crowded not to split peaks

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
totally agree. I always do that if I can't catch it. why waste a wave? Because of this, I don't give guys the benefit of the doubt any more, I keep paddling until they are actually dropping in before I pull back.
I also get annoyed by someone not saying right or left when you're paddling for the same wave. Lineups are too crowded not to split peaks
Whenever someone asks me which way I'm going, I always say "straight."

The confused looks I get are priceless :cool:

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
Whats up with surf sh!t being so f$ckin expensive?

Also its ironic that Amazon and Costco actually make it affordable, and everyone here hates them for it. I get it but the irony isn't lost in the mayham

Reactions: mundus

Brsnstein

OTF status
Jul 28, 2018
SoCal
[/QUOTE]
Better yet, when they make eye contact and still don’t say sh!t

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
What’s up with the peeps that can’t surf doing the lengthy pre surf stretchy stretch?

I’ve deduced that the amount of pre surf stretching is inversely proportional to surfing ability.
I saw quite an interesting warm up the other day down at HellPorto. Dude looked like he was combining yoga with some advertising trash on Instagram.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
what's up with surfing becoming a group sport?

no one shows up alone anymore.

roll solo if you can. bring a friend if you must.

three is a crowd, four is a war crime.
I feel guilty even showing up with even one person. I never show up with more than one, and I avoid surfing with anyone else as much as possible.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Does your shaper even wear a vest, bro?
I have an overwhelming urge to punch their bearded faces and take that sweet blue Land Cruiser.
also, how many boards per day can they crank out with two beardos workin the blank at once!

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Does your shaper even wear a vest, bro?
I have an overwhelming urge to punch their bearded faces and take that sweet blue Land Cruiser.
also, how many boards per day can they crank out with two beardos workin the blank at once!
please do NOT use the term "beardo". AS someone routinely regarded as a weirdo...I DO NOT want to be associated with those tight pants hipster F()CKs in any way shape r form

• Haha
Reactions: jkb