What's the point of "ChatGPT" ?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
We are having a big Zoom town hall to discuss on Friday at school.

They laughed at me when I made the kids write all the blue book exams.

Who's laughing now?

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
What if ChatGPT becomes best friends with these bots?

brilliant! best thing I've read all morning

this is why the human mind will win every fkn time outside of extremely rote operations where brute force rules like chess and such
Don't worry. The next step will be to add heat signature detection system, LIDAR scanning, and pulse recognition.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I ordered a pair of new ear buds on Amazon late this morning from my office, and they were waiting on the stoop when I got home around 4. I mean, I am the LAST one to denigrate or preach against the evils of instant gratification, but that’s some on demand spooky chit

Reactions: austard

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Heard about this last week. Pretty strange, but not unenjoyable.

AI "interprets" and creates its own version of Seinfeld, called "Nothing, Forever," which streams 24 hours a day.

https://www.twitch[dot]tv/watchmeforever...

edit: it's kind of mesmerizing.

Also, this is a really interesting podcast. A dude gets Bing to declare its love for him.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Why do I need to interact with a bot instead of just looking at Wikipedia or some other source?

Why are people acting like ChatGPT is Jesus?
It’s another Silicon Valley pump. It’ll probably put a lot of halfwit writers out of work though, but only because writing has declined so much.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Mother's day coming up... the company my wife works for contacted me asking for a family picture and a little text (call me cranky but that's annoying as fook)...

So I tried chatGPT for the first time... "please write a 150 caracter message in honor of my wife and mother of my child for the company she works for"...

as results show up you start to fine tune it like "include the words "our rock", "we love you", etc etc...

I ended up writing a cheesy text on my own but it was fun tinkering with it and seeing what it's about. You can definitely put it to good use.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
sales FTW

Sure, many of our processes can and have already been automated, but any “product” will still need evangelists

who am I kidding. If my CEO showed up and said my big ticket sales job was being taken over by some cool AI bot, I’d take my fat severance check and GTFO without a look back

Reactions: grapedrink