What's so bad about the "Progressive Agenda"?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's like explaining white privilege to residents of Harlan County, KY.

White privilege is a thing, but not there.
You sure you'd want to drive through Harlan County while black?

From Wikipedia, underline for emphasis mine.

White privilege, or white skin privilege, is the societal privilege that benefits white people over non-white people in some societies, particularly if they are otherwise under the same social, political, or economic circumstances

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Meaning I have issues with both sides. The current environment is dominated by the extreme 10% from both sides. It is a really crazy time. It's all me me me and not what is best for everyone. This is a result of the "cornucopia of special interest groups and grifters" that dominate politics and widen the divide between the two parties..
Personally, I lean conservative on somethings and liberal on others and don't GAF about some too. If it makes good sense to me I vote for it. If it doesn't I don't. I have zero political party loyalty. In my mind, that is how it should be for everyone.
It boils down to voting. Can you remember the last Democrat you voted for?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
It boils down to voting. Can you remember the last Democrat you voted for?
Yes, Mike Levin for congress. He was the best of the two options. He's not the best but he does a decent job and his office really helped out when I contacted them to expedite my friend and his sons return from Samoa when everything went haywire in 2020. I wish I had a better choice but there's something about Brain Marryot that keeps me from supporting him. I also voted for Tulsi Gabbard in the primary but she's really a DINO....

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Roughly half at the low end of the estimate . . . Up to 75% with the high range of numbers added together.

Idiot :poke: :roflmao:
Roughly half isn’t a majority, moron, not to mention the correlation between poverty and substance abuse.

Oh I know it doesn’t fit the narrative that your controllers have fed to you. Try to think like a scientist for once and not a mindless herd animal.

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
the repellant nature of over confidence drives the apolitical or indifferent even further from a proselytizer’s side. yet, abstention from discourse nurtures the opposition’s herd echo-chamber mentality

thankfully an individual in the weather system of the post post modern age makes no measurable difference and will soon die leaving the world the same or slightly worse-off than they found it

Reactions: kidfury

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Roughly half isn’t a majority, moron, not to mention the correlation between poverty and substance abuse.

Oh I know it doesn’t fit the narrative that your controllers have fed to you. Try to think like a scientist for once and not a mindless herd animal.
ESL?

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
51% is a majority, math major, which it very likely is with the numbers above.

:roflmao:
Look in the mirror, kook!

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
The fact that some decide to go into deep debt to pursue a career in social work knowing this, well, that decision is on them and no one else.
I actually can’t believe that anyone could possibly think something like this, much less write it out for others to see.

• Haha

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
After spending the day in Santa Monica my wife and I made some observations. There were no Asian homeless, very few Latinos, most are black or white. If you move to Downtown LA they are almost all black. My wife speculated that Latinos have a stronger family structure and they would live several families in a small apartment rather than leave a family member on the street. I think that blacks have a much higher rate of dysfucntional, single mother families. The white homeless will not be Downtown but will be at the beach.... taking drugs. Asians probably have both famiy structures and work ethics in their favor.

Just thinking aloud...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
After spending the day in Santa Monica my wife and I made some observations. There were no Asian homeless, very few Latinos, most are black or white. If you move to Downtown LA they are almost all black. My wife speculated that Latinos have a stronger family structure and they would live several families in a small apartment rather than leave a family member on the street. I think that blacks have a much higher rate of dysfucntional, single mother families. The white homeless will not be Downtown but will be at the beach.... taking drugs. Asians probably have both famiy structures and work ethics in their favor.

Just thinking aloud...
Discussing the effects of culture on social issues = racism

You should know this by now :drowning:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I am not sure what the Progressive Agenda is.

If it's classical liberalism, where government works for the benefit of all the people and giving a little extra push to help out the little guy, progressive taxation, pro-environment, pro-education, etc., then I am all for it.

But most of the verbiology in this Progressive Promise is a bunch of woke bullshit and I am not down with a good chunk of it.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

If it's classical liberalism, where government works for the benefit of all the people and giving a little extra push to help out the little guy, progressive taxation, pro-environment, pro-education, etc., then I am all for it.

But most of the verbiology in this Progressive Promise is a bunch of woke bullshit and I am not down with a good chunk of it.
I agree with all of it except I would reword this:

• "Ending poverty and income inequality and securing a living wage for all people."

ending "income inequality," is pretty much a communist goal. I'm no a communist, and I'm kinda wealthy (no compared to actual wealthy people, but compared to 90% of everyone else), so, um no, not pushing for "income equality." dimishing income disparities makes sense. Racial and gender disparities.

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

That's not classical liberalism