What's so bad about the "Progressive Agenda"?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
great. we've got a bunch of geniuses here who think that homeless people aren't poor

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Would that it were that simple.

About 33% of the homeless have mental illness issues. About 40 some percent of them have drug/alcohol addiction problems. So poverty, mental illness, addiction and some simply don't want to work.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I would like to try.

That could a be season 3 of my reality TV show where I try to get addicted to drugs.

Opiates are season 1.

Cocaine is season 2.
I've had some people who don't normally get preachy warn me about some things. I haven't heard it about Fentanyl from any of them specifically, but it sounds similar to heroin and oxycontin which I was told are hard passes.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I've had some people who don't normally get preachy warn me about some things. I haven't heard it about Fentanyl from any of them specifically, but it sounds similar to heroin and oxycontin which I was told are hard passes.
Heroin is fine.

You have be an addict. 10% of the population will have issues. But 10% 250 million is a lot of addicts.

I did my dads oxycontin when he died.

I didn't like.

My favorites were Darvecets.

They stopped making.

Opiates stop working fast.

Then you have to take a break.

Some people chase the high by upping the dose.

Taking more doesn't get me the high I get when I rarely take.

I'm on break now.

But a vicodine with a glass or Cabernet is heaven.

Lifting weights and getting stronger is the best high.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
They typically are poor, but that’s not the reason why most of them are homeless.
So you're saying that most homeless people have enough money to not be homeless but they're just too crazy or drugged out to buy or rent???

I know that I've asked you this before but, are you absolutely sure that you're a scientist?

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Sounds good until anyone proposes spending money on it. Build new psychiatric hospitals? Staff them sufficiently? Great! Increase spending on mental health programs? No way!
Agree that that is an issue. I would much rather have my tax $$$$ go towards mental health services/programs than let's say student loan forgiveness.
One of if not the main issue with addressing the homeless crisis is the Homeless Industrial Complex that feeds off of the $$$ allotted to help the homeless like the parasites they are. Unfortunately, they have zero desire to end homelessness.
While I'm not at all a fan of Newsom, at least he is trying to change the law to allow people to be institutionalized with 3rd party consent. This would be a nice first step.
It is a sad situation and will not improve until there is a massive paradigm shift in how it is addressed.

Reactions: need 4 speed

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
So you're saying that most homeless people have enough money to not be homeless but they're just too crazy or drugged out to buy or rent???

I know that I've asked you this before but, are you absolutely sure that you're a scientist?
Nice try but nyet.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No, that’s not what I’m saying. Many are too drugged out and/or crazy to be employable, and many can’t even hold down a free household when it’s given to them. Even those with people who could take them in have often burned those bridges already.

Those who are of sound mind but fall on economic hard times will typically seek help, find work, move somewhere less expensive etc before they throw their hands up and decide to be homeless forever.

Ive crushed you in every single debate we’ve gotten into :roflmao: :poke:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

You and kidfury have your causation all mixed up

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
No, that’s not what I’m saying. Many are too drugged out and/or crazy to be employable, and many can’t even hold down a free household when it’s given to them. Even those with people who could take them in have often burned those bridges already.

Those who are of sound mind but fall on economic hard times will typically seek help, find work, move somewhere less expensive etc before they throw their hands up and decide to be homeless forever.
Not quite sure I'm getting it yet.

Rich people with addiction problems typically go to rehab centers, right? They don't go right to the streets, right???

Poor people with addiction problems typically can't afford rehab centers, right?

Rich people with mental issues like schizophrenia typically have access to better support systems and medical care than poor folks, right?

Saying that the homeless are typically poor is a stupid thing to say, right?

Ive crushed you in every single debate we’ve gotten into
We've never had a debate. You post stupid sh!t and I sometimes try to educate you, and then you troll.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Not quite sure I'm getting it yet.

Rich people with addiction problems typically go to rehab centers, right? They don't go right to the streets, right???

Poor people with addiction problems typically can't afford rehab centers, right?

Rich people with mental issues like schizophrenia typically have access to better support systems and medical care than poor folks, right?

Saying that the homeless are typically poor is a stupid thing to say, right?
By and large ok with you? Mostly? Pick a word that suits you and share it.