What's so bad about the "Progressive Agenda"?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
I am not sure what the Progressive Agenda is.

If it's classical liberalism, where government works for the benefit of all the people and giving a little extra push to help out the little guy, progressive taxation, pro-environment, pro-education, etc., then I am all for it.

But most of the verbiology in this Progressive Promise is a bunch of woke bullshit and I am not down with a good chunk of it.
That's illiberalism packaged in a harmless sounding word.

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Do you really think the vast majority of homeless are homeless because of poverty?
Yes. I don't know about "vast" majority, but majority is poverty and/or mental problem, unless you mean someone camping in an RV parked in a friends' driveway. I camped in my van parked on Del Playa near UCSB for 3 months for fun. We are talking about the painfully homeless that you need to walk around because they put up tents in your path. If they were camping anywhere else inconspicuously, they would not be noticed. No harm no foul. You need to be in poverty and/or insane to build a tent on the sidewalk in public, unless it is a cry for help. Get on their case and take them someplace more appropriate. But we can't do it, because everybody needs to do whatever the hell they want without limits.

Last edited:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
"The Progressive Movement covered social reform issues relating to female suffrage, education, working conditions, unionization, the problems of urbanization, industrialization and child labor. The Progressive Movement called for political reforms attacking bribery and corruption, the political machines and the regulation of Big Business and corporations and reducing the power of the Robber Barons and unfair business practices."
Progressive Movement: Causes, Accomplishments and Timeline *** (american-historama.org)

Here is another progressive idea. The situation at the southern border is large numbers of people willing to work. What kind of work project, located near the border, could use unskilled labor? How about building sun-powered desalination, using saltwater distillation ponds? That takes a lot of concrete work and making glass, building hundreds of glass-covered distillation ponds. Ok, well I tried. What is your progressive project idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: kidfury