What You Guys Riding Tomorrow?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'll be on a 6'6 x 19.5 x 2.5 Ledge that's usually reserved for Hawaii. Lots of foam packed in. Board paddles and surfs like a 6'10. Quad setup.
Pic?

I’d be on 6’8 Blackbeard or 6’7 Townsend (depending on the spot), but I’m still outta town til Sat night, so won’t get a shot to surf til Sun. Hope there’s somethin left

Reactions: MathDebater

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
gonna check it in the morning and have to stick around these parts for owrk which means ill end up somewhere where you probably dont need anything special. will pack the 6'4 stap just in case but doubt ill need it. def not going to be good for the beachies round here.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Not stocked on the almost 6’ high around 8:30, but I’ll probably knock out some work ( in addition to a 9:00 am dentist appointment) and paddle out around 10:30.

I’ll look at the left point south of me that will probably have 85% of south LA surfers bobbing around.

The wave NEVER requires a stap, but they’ll be old trust fun peeps from the hill out on guns I’m sure.

It was pretty bumpy this afternoon, but a few 40 second+ rides were happening amongst the crowd of about 20, but it’s still a fat (mostly) easy wave.

The beach a quarter mile to the north will be pretty interesting to watch and I’m sure some local videographers will be at that and our other two preeminent beach breaks that can handle the larger stuff and will be documenting everything.

I checked a particular left beach-break this evening where you can view while eating surf & turf and it’s most likely going to be beyond my 6’ Ghost’s ability to battle the expected crowd and get in early enough on the sets.

The closest buoys to me are 12.5 and 14.8 at 17 - 18 seconds right now, so I don’t expect to be calling shenanigans out in the water tomorrow.