What You Can't Say about Black People and the Cops

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
“I get the feeling it's part of being an intelligent American to be fake about race and the cops.”

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
But you CAN'T say that!!
That’s the great thing about Glenn and John. Since they’re black they can say whatever the fuck they want about race in this country. I’m sorry that their opinions don’t align with the narrow view on the subject you came up with while sitting in your Ivory Tower.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That’s the great thing about Glenn and John. Since they’re black they can say whatever the fook they want about race in this country. I’m sorry that their opinions don’t align with the narrow view on the subject you came up with while sitting in your Ivory Tower.
So you can say whatever the fück you want about the race in this country.

Maybe you should consider changing the title of this thread then?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
That’s the great thing about Glenn and John. Since they’re black they can say whatever the fook they want about race in this country. I’m sorry that their opinions don’t align with the narrow view on the subject you came up with while sitting in your Ivory Tower.

No, that's absolutely not true. One's color does not make them the spokesperson for that race nor does it give them carte blanche to say whatever they want. As academics they know this, and I'm sure they experience a good deal of pushback over their opinions.

Your confirmation bias may be getting in the way of you understanding much of what either or both of them is saying.