WHAT YOlO's & Customs Adding Quiver '22???

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Currently on order:
-a few custom Burch one-offs
-a couple Lovelace handshapes
-a few Love Machines
-a few customs from Dane Perlee/Osprey, a couple twinzers(imo, best in the biz at the moment) and a couple of his crazy Singzers

We’ll see what the rest of the year holds, told myself it’s time to slow things down.
That’s the goal, but we’ll see…

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Currently on order:
-a few Love Machines
-a few customs from Dane Perlee/Osprey, a couple twinzers(imo, best in the biz at the moment) and a couple of his crazy Singzers

We’ll see what the rest of the year holds, told myself it’s time to slow things down.
WaxurDyl going "Postal" on the alt orders yet again.
:bowdown:

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Currently on order:
-a few Love Machines

What the F!?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I’ve got all great boars rn. Just want to update a couple with tweaked dims, and thin the herd of ones that have been replaced in the rotation.
Last week’s swell convinced me the Townsend is the alt stap for OH that I’ve been searching for the past couple winters. Stocked.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Obviously not end to end but one of my guns was finished shaped by Britt and the other by Mike so I dunno if that counts for you
Sorry meant no offense pure curiousity buying a gun from CI I currently only own a step up and weeks away from my 52 bday no need:shaka:

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
a few is at least 3, a couple 2, so I count roughly 13 boards. My guess is 20K +. I do ok and don't understand how you can afford that but we all make choices I guess. Maybe bro deals? Smuggle diamonds?
Remember…a DINK relationship with no debt(other than mortgage) is huge in my case. And yeah, lots of friends in the industry plays a big part as well. For example I was free one day recently, so I spent a day and lots of gas driving down to SD to SB back to LA running blanks for Lovelace. I‘m not delivering mail at the moment due to knee surgery so why not help him out with a favor that’ll see some type of return. And my spot in the Osprey queue may not even come up this year. Then add the fact that I‘m always selling boards…

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
None taken bro, everyone has their own definition of hand-shaped so I just threw that out there. Sorry if that came off as snarky, didn't mean to :shaka::shaka:
Negative I just figured you thought I asked because of CI rep with Cad shapes etc but more curious if they go by hand etc when ones life can be on line out in the ocean. Also curious who does the glassing and what schedule, blank, etc?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Remember…a DINK relationship with no debt(other than mortgage) is huge in my case. And yeah, lots of friends in the industry plays a big part as well. For example I was free one day recently, so I spent a day and lots of gas driving down to SD to SB back to LA running blanks for Lovelace. I‘m not delivering mail at the moment due to knee surgery so why not help him out with a favor that’ll see some type of return. And my spot in the Osprey queue may not even come up this year. Then add the fact that I‘m always selling boards…
Rock on @waxurDyl !
The lesson: kids are frickin expensive!

I will say, my family of four has saved so much money on travel, going out, theme parks, and entertainment the past two years since COVID’s debut album, that I have zero qualms about YOLOing boars.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I'm not judging, I'm a bit jealous but not judging. more power to you, however you do it. I was actually referencing a TSJ article, i forget the original surfer but they were wondering how he lived his life and suspected drugs, he said drugs were too cumbersome.... but diamonds.....

either way well played.