What would she know, she doesn't have any diagrams, doesn't even say "flatten the curve" or "exponential"..... Quack

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Exactly. So why the rush and big push to condemn HCQ so much by certain segments of MSM and political leanings?
Dude- WTF?
Assistant Secretary for Health Adm. Brett Giroir pushed back against President Donald Trump’s obsession with unproven anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine on Sunday, stating unequivocally that he “can’t recommend” the drug as a coronavirus treatment and that it’s time to “move on” from it.

Over the past week, the president and his allies have renewed their embrace of the controversial medication after a fringe group of doctors touted it as a coronavirus “cure” in a viral video. Trump continued to endorse the video even after finding out that Dr. Stella Immanuel, one of the most outspoken members of the group, claimed that “alien DNA” was in medicine and some female medical problems are caused by demon sex.

Giroir, however, refused to back the president’s support for hydroxychloroquine during a Meet the Press interview while pointing to a plethora of studies that show the drug is largely ineffective in treating COVID-19.

“Look, I know you’re not a political person, but the president continues to advocate for hydroxychloroquine,” NBC News anchor Chuck Todd asked on Sunday. “Is that a danger to public health?”

The coronavirus testing czar noted that the anti-malarial drug at first “looked very promising” as a coronavirus treatment before explaining that a number of randomized clinical trials since then have now revealed there “is no benefit.”

“At this point in time, we don’t recommend that as a treatment and there’s no evidence to show that it is,” he added.

Todd, meanwhile, wondered aloud if Giroir was “concerned” that the administration’s “mixed messaging” on the drug is “going to continue to sort of create this fog” about the drug’s efficacy.

“So hydroxychloroquine needs to be prescribed by a physician,” the HHS official replied. “There may be circumstances, and I don’t know what they are, where a physician may prescribe it for an individual.”

“But I think most physicians and prescribers are evidence-based and they’re not influenced by whatever’s on Twitter or anything else and the evidence just doesn’t show that hydroxychloroquine is effective right now,” he continued. “I think we need to move on from that and talk about what is effective.”

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
“So hydroxychloroquine needs to be prescribed by a physician,” the HHS official replied. “There may be circumstances, and I don’t know what they are, where a physician may prescribe it for an individual.”

“But I think most physicians and prescribers are evidence-based and they’re not influenced by whatever’s on Twitter or anything else and the evidence just doesn’t show that hydroxychloroquine is effective right now,” he continued. “I think we need to move on from that and talk about what is effective.”

Talk about mixed messaging, lack of consensus and confirmation of the subject.

Oh yea, I like all the Daily Beast links in that wordy post above. NO bias reporting there, AT ALL. :sneaky:

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Remember when you claimed that America would never reach even 30,000 COVID deaths?

I do.

And you're still doing it.

You know what they say about people who don't learn on their mistakes?
Not sure if you're confusing me with others here, but never said ANYTHING about "only" 30,000 COVID deaths, even way back in Feb 28, 2020 when all was just getting started before even the FIRST recorded COVID-19 death in USA. I was being overly optimistic, but facing reality of where it could go..........

Feb. 28, 2020 (in Hals infamous admin handling post)
---------------------------------------
"Could be bad with 100,000+ deaths, who knows? But, so far, the actual regular flu season has about 20,000 deaths and counting. Yet we've had ZERO with corona virus. That count will probably go up in the coming months ......"
---------------------------------------
Very early on, I've always mentioned this was like a bad flu season on steroids, with likely 3x to 4x mortality of a very bad flu season. So far that is looking to be the case, but will likely surpass it, eventually.

This is a GLOBAL pandemic after-all. A wimpy one by 100's of years historical standards, but a significant pandemic, none the less. This one likely the least deadly to youth and young adults of ALL pandemics last 500+ years.

And, all the hype of 5-6% mortality rates early on have been squashed to maybe 3% or so, and that's only of total validated positive tested. We KNOW there's likely WAY more people who were positive of COVID-19 that were never publicly tested/counted.

Latest testing counts in USA to date (Worldometer):

Total COVID-19 tests: 60,000,000
Total testing positive: 4,800,000
Total deaths from CV-19: 158,000

Mortality rate of those publicly tested positive: 3.3%

We all know the likelyhood of CV-19 positives that were never tested is fairly significant, so actual mortality rate could be well under 3%.

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Breitbart or The Daily Beast - makes no difference.
Its an interview with an expert. we know how much your ilk distrust experts. Too bad.

The question you should be asking is, "why has trump been so hot and bothered about this from the beginning?"

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Breitbart or The Daily Beast - makes no difference.
Its an interview with an expert. we know how much your ilk distrust experts. Too bad.

The question you should be asking is, "why has trump been so hot and bothered about this from the beginning?"
It IS a pandemic, and we're looking at every possible way to reduce the casualties.

Early on, he was informed of HCQ having good results, so he rolled the dice and went with it. Better than shooting it down instantly when little to nothing was immediately available to show decent results.

Impeach now!!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Ya, that's like the 3rd or 4th time you and Hal have posted that, and I've already responded and quoted from it (see above).

Though that Forbes article is even more edited (out) of comments he made.

But ya, keep being repetitive like most protesters. You scream it enough times in a row, and it's supposed to make it true or valid (maybe in their own heads, but whatever).

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
It's an interview that you're unsuccessfully trying to discredit.
You have bowed out of this discussion.
You have no information pertinent to the subject.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"REAL" studies are still ongoing, are they not?
I presume so. But I don't know. If studies show that hydroxychloroquine is helpful for covid-19 I would be stoked. We need effective treatments for this sniffles hoax China virus.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I presume so. But I don't know. If studies show that hydroxychloroquine is helpful for covid-19 I would be stoked. We need effective treatments for this sniffles hoax China virus.
I've heard there's a least 2 or 3 studies ongoing that I suspect would meet your standards. Not sure how far along, or when they expect results, but shouldn't be more than a couple months or so, I would guess? Unless they just started?