• Nominate and confirm a new Justice.

• Wait until after the election.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Fatty McTubedodger having a serious meltdown this morning
You don't seem to grasp what a meltdown is. I'm laughing at your side's predicament this morning. I can assure you that is not what constitutes a meltdown.

Acting outraged over your current helpless losing position regarding the supremes, calling someone names because you can't win the debate at hand and acting like a little girl over DMs.......now that is a meltdown.

PS: Be a man and cast your vote in the above poll. Your failure to vote is an admission that I own you on this topic.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
The Democrats are going to go with the flow. You can't stop, what you can't stop.

We are going to point out the rights previous words.

We are then going to vote the republicans out of office for the next generation.

• Haha
Reactions: redrider

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
How do you feel about the complete hypocrisy of your political party?
I can't help but notice that you've not been man enough to vote in the above poll. You want to talk about hypocrisy? LOL. You know exactly what the democrats would do if the roles were reversed. Every argument you make against the republicans doing exactly what democrats would do simply exposes your own pettiness, lack of intellectual integrity and hypocrisy.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I can't help but notice that you've not been man enough to vote in the above poll. You want to talk about hypocrisy? LOL. You know exactly what the democrats would do if the roles were reversed. Every argument you make against the republicans doing exactly what democrats would do simply exposes your own pettiness, lack of intellectual integrity and hypocrisy.
I'm going to put on ignore the next poster who replies to this guy.

It's one thing to be an idiot. That can't be helped. It's a whole next level to know someone is an idiot and argue with them.

Reactions: test_article

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
I'm going to put on ignore the next poster who replies to this guy.

It's one thing to be an idiot. That can't be helped. It's a whole next level to know someone is an idiot and argue with them.
If you had me on ignore you wouldn't even know this thread existed ya dumbass.

You also seem to think your threat is of value to the other members here. LOL!!! Get over yourself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: redrider

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
This is a fresh predicament for senate Republicans?
(damn they have a lot of predicaments).

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I agree that democrats would do the same. The rules are the rules and I’m not arguing about that. I also personally believe that SCJs matter less than they are hyped up to be as it pertains to legislation that affects the lives of most people on a daily basis, at least when compared to congress.

However, the crucial difference is that Democrats never made a political show about NOT approving a Supreme Court justice because of an upcoming election. That is the hypocrisy that you are conveniently ignoring.

Reactions: manbearpig

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
How do you feel about the complete hypocrisy of your political party?
The dems and Obama blew it when they went along with the ‘after the election’ thing. Obama should have gotten his judge in there. They went along out of hubris and arrogance because they just assumed Hillary would get elected but that’s beside the point.

Waiting was wrong then and it’s wrong now.

Elections have consequences and Trump is president until at least 1/20/21.

PS: there was a small but important (arguably) detail that differentiates then and now. Obama wasn’t running.

Side note...presidential transitions should be much shorter. I say 2 weeks after the election is decided you lose you’re out!

• Dislike
Reactions: redrider and mundus

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I agree that democrats would do the same. The rules are the rules and I’m not arguing about that. I also personally believe that SCJs matter less than they are hyped up to be as it pertains to legislation that affects the lives of most people on a daily basis, at least when compared to congress.

However, the crucial difference is that Democrats never made a political show about NOT approving a Supreme Court justice because of an upcoming election. That is the hypocrisy that you are conveniently ignoring.
do you consider it unsportsmanlike to shoot at an open goal?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
do you consider it unsportsmanlike to shoot at an open goal?
No, of course not. But again, the dems didn’t make a political show about not appointing someone because of an upcoming election and reverse course 4 years later when it suited their needs. Would they not do it themselves? Also no, but we aren’t dealing in hypotheticals here.

That said, I do agree with Duffy that the Dems had the hubris of what they thought would’ve been a win. Obama should’ve found a more centrist judge that would’ve been palatable enough for enough republican senators to make the switch.