What was your first job?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
My grand ma was a bond maid in England.

Poor families would sell their unwanted kids to work in the estates.

You are a slave but they didn't call it that.

That was her first job.

But then she ate a piece of the left over cake of the rich family and they sent her to work as a slave in the bars.

Usually when you worked in the bar, it meant being a prostitute.

That was a second job.

I was a box boy.
Can you record yourself saying "Please, sir, I want some more" in an English accent on your soundcloud, then link/embed in this thread?

Thanks in advance!

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Paper boy at age 13, delivering once per week early before school then collecting once a month for less than a year. After that high school took me over full time with soccer and track team, so no working until after high school at 17 first full-time job cutting paper in a print shop for minimum wage. Funny my job was mostly using a giant manual paper cutter with a lever 4 feet long could cut a stack of paper about 1" high, that you pull the lever down while you swing under it, like you are pole vaulting, and I pole vaulted during high school on the track team, so what the karma?

Last edited:
Reactions: sussle

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A lot of young kids think Boomers and GenX weed was all crap. Little do they know.
By the mid-late 90s at least in Florida there was weapons-grade sticky available, although reg was still around as well.

We'd feel differently if every time something green and crystally got passed to the 50+ set, they weren't flipping out asking us what it was laced with two hits later, then the next day they're zombies because they were awake all night under the covers thinking the cops were coming to get them.

Flip side is plenty of the people that came up with all that stuff were older Xers/Boomers/Silent for sure. But the rank and file generally seem to be mesmerized by any departure from seed-infested stick schwapper.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
In the 60's shoveling and harvesting the chickensht from under the Ewa Chicken farm (family friend) where we'd mix it with the sugar cane bagasse we'd get from the sugar mill so we could sell the mix as homemade fertilizer to people in the neighborhood.
Upgraded to picking pineapple in the fields of kunia then off to the cannery for processing of the pine. Worked a worked summer for DelMonte to buy my first pro custom from Harold Iggy. Before that I had to borrow surfboards from friends and relatives.

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
I was the clean up guy for a custom home builder and allowed to drive the largest non-CDL dump truck allowed on the road at 15. Almost rolled it at the landfill. Twice.

I learned to always pay your framer on time.

Reactions: john4surf

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
In the 60's shoveling and harvesting the chickensht from under the Ewa Chicken farm (family friend) where we'd mix it with the sugar cane bagasse we'd get from the sugar mill so we could sell the mix as homemade fertilizer to people in the neighborhood.
Upgraded to picking pineapple in the fields of kunia then off to the cannery for processing of the pine. Worked a worked summer for DelMonte to buy my first pro custom from Harold Iggy. Before that I had to borrow surfboards from friends and relatives.
You've gotta win some kind of prize. Chicken farms are fukking disgusting.

Jan 14, 2019
I remember my first job and I am crying really. I was a dance teacher. I wanted my whole life to open my dance studio and now I even don't dance. Why life is like that?

Mar 15, 2022
My dad sent me to work construction with my uncle. I was 13 years old. It was his intention to “teach me a lesson” for doing poorly in school. A full week and 1/2 a day on Saturday netted a 111.00 paycheck. The real pay off was in the evenings when my uncle would let me drink a beer or two with him and his buddies!

I also got to know the girl who lived across the street pretty well.

I learned a lot a lot that summer!! Although…. I’m sure none of it was what my dad thought I would learn

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
My dad sent me to work construction with my uncle. I was 13 years old. It was his intention to “teach me a lesson” for doing poorly in school. A full week and 1/2 a day on Saturday netted a 111.00 paycheck. The real pay off was in the evenings when my uncle would let me drink a beer or two with him and his buddies!

I also got to know the girl who lived across the street pretty well.

I learned a lot a lot that summer!! Although…. I’m sure none of it was what my dad thought I would learn
I hope you learned how to get back in school and out of the construction field.

And the color of the girl across the streets panties?