What was your first job?

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
14 years old, worked as a Carny at the county fair. I worked the "wacky wire" booth. After the two weeks, I was paid in cash, all $1's, haha.
I got that game wired. Went to other fairs just to play that game and win my ladies a prize. I thought I was big pimpin winning all these cheap ass teddy bears.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
The year i turned 16 by dad put me to work full time with at a Sicilian owned construction company. They were family friends. I saw some sh!t on that job. Worked there many summers until i was out of college.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
First real job: 16 Park Ranger. Keep dogs off of the beach, make people dump out alcohol, write parking tickets.

I had a radio, and running shoes.
great, you were a Narc!!!

and here you wanted to be the lead guitarist in my new pandemic-inspired black magic folk ensemble

• Haha
Reactions: Norm'

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
and, speaking of first jobs, am I the only one who was already selling grass to my fellow restaurant workers at age 14?

Man, the 90's were awesome.

Reactions: TeamScam

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
great, you were a Narc!!!

and here you wanted to be the lead guitarist in my new pandemic-inspired black magic folk ensemble
I narced on a group of about 30, once. They were in the park with a keg, and I let them know that they couldn't have it there. They chuckled and said that they had a permit from the town. I went around the corner and radioed it in. When they cruiser got there, they clearly all knew each other, and laughed that I called the cops on the cops.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
My first non-under the table job was at Swensen's Ice Cream in Westwood. I'd just turned 16.
Had to cut my hair, wear a faggy brown gingham button up shirt with a bow tie. Pfffft!
A surfing buddy of mine worked there too.
We'd get to work a half hour early and get baked out back and then eat a $hit ton of free ice cream.
End of the night we'd hit the empty whip cream bottles (he-he-he).:monkey:
Lasted about 2 months. C-YA!

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
8 or 9yo: Picked raspberries at a PYO farm, then packaged them and sold them off our little toy cart.
10yo: Opened bicycle repair shop in our basement with a mate.
Then a slew of strange jobs.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Grocery bagger. To this day I hate having anyone else bag my groceries. Can't believe some of these kids call themselves professionals.

• Haha
Reactions: b.r.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
and, speaking of first jobs, am I the only one who was already selling grass to my fellow restaurant workers at age 14?
I was refereeing soccer games for little 8 year olds and under at 14

by 16 was getting fronted a pound of weed per week to sell for my dealer, he gave a flat price and I kept the profit

this continued later with mushies and ecstasy for a while, the latter which I blew my brain out with. took nearly a year to recover properly o_O

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah my responsible drugs are bad childhood transformation happened pretty abruptly at 13. Things escalated quickly from there

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
You first...
my first non-paying job was assistant for my career fireman dad who ran a handyman business on the days he wasn’t working. First paying job was helping out the owner at the Barq’s Rootbeer bottling plant. My first real paying job was bellhop at the Fiesta Lounge/Cabana Beach motel. I worked nights and went to high school during the day.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Grocery bagger. To this day I hate having anyone else bag my groceries. Can't believe some of these kids call themselves professionals.

90% of the time, I'm bagging my own groceries. It's weird to watch people just stand there while the cashier rings them up.

Reactions: dietz

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Ah totally forgot - Working at thriftys scooping ice cream for a summer, gave so much of it away got fired.

Reactions: 2surf
Jul 14, 2021
I found my first job at the age of 14, it was not difficult and not of a physical nature, in this work I had to use only my head and thinking processes. Then I found a job on the Internet and I had to evaluate sites and write reviews. I make money online, and continue to do so, because it became very convenient for me to work on the Internet rather than going to some kind of work every day, getting up early in the morning and rushing to work. I am used to this order of things and it pleases me that I got a job online. To be honest, I have always dreamed of working online and not going to a real job, and my dream began to slowly come true from the age of 14, when I joined the work on the Internet.

Last edited: