What OTR surfboard should I buy? WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I’m surprised you found one on the racks. They’re screaming for more. Down to the point where they’re asking me to bring in my used boards. With what’s going on right now, if you find something you like on the racks, don’t hesitate. It’s crazy.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I’m surprised you found one on the racks. They’re screaming for more. Down to the point where they’re asking me to bring in my used boards. With what’s going on right now, if you find something you like on the racks, don’t hesitate. It’s crazy.
Mollusk in SB.

Rode it this morning (report coming soon). Got to the beach and realized I forgot a leash, didn’t want to go leashless with it so went to VSS to grab one.

There were no AOs in the store.

Believe it not you heavily influenced me to get this board.

I think you probably know what I’m talking about.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Mollusk in SB.

Rode it this morning (report coming soon). Got to the beach and realized I forgot a leash, didn’t want to go leashless with it so went to VSS to grab one.

There were no AOs in the store.

Believe it not you heavily influenced me to get this board.

I think you probably know what I’m talking about.
I hope you like it. Plenty of people do, but tastes vary. The demand for that board seems to just keep increasing year after year. It certainly looks good. (y)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Damn that thing is pretty.

I don't know if I'd be buying a Mayhem if I lived North of El Porto. I'd try to blend in more in that habitat. I'd assume if I was instant-gratifying myself in the South 805 I'd most likely wind up with a Roberts.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

I don't know if I'd be buying a Mayhem if I lived North of El Porto. I'd try to blend in more in that habitat. I'd assume if I was instant-gratifying myself in the South 805 I'd most likely wind up with a Roberts.
In Crap N diarrhea A frame has otr Lost boards....

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

There are places I surf where a Mayhem would not be received politely.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yea bedwetter crowd can be tough on anyone not riding a wavestorm or a over sized fish:)
And SUPs. Don’t forget SUPs.

For real though, I’ve been there on summer days when some wind swell made some longboardable waves and witnessed little kids getting called off of waves by men on SUPs.

You just don’t do that at Ledbetter. The kids own that place.

If you feel the need to be aggressive in the lineup you can take that sh!t to mondos.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So glad you ended up with this. Hope it goes well for you. Curious—what’s the fin placement from the tail? Also, do they put much cant in them?
8 1/2 inches from the crotch of the tail to the trailing edge measured on the stringer.

As for cant it looks like there’s a moderate/large amount but they are actually pretty straight up. With the deep bonzer concave it’s a bit difficult to nail down exact numbers.

Toe in seems aggressive but my other twin fin is a fish so the fins don’t have much toe at all.

Reactions: sdsrfr and sushipop