Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Funds in bank ✔
Wife's sleeping ✔✔
Board stocked roughly in size ✔

YOLO! :D
No yolo here I said custom and the waiting game:shrug:
Speaking of wife:drowning:
Last board "it2win wife said no more exactly year ago:foreheadslap: so while on computer in den while wife was watching tv I would check out the 5150 every time over and over and finally I got to order one:cheers:

Reactions: trifish

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Actually most mine are customs at this point and resized/refined if needed on the next order. The only special ritual I probably have going is I always buy a different set of fins to try when I buy a board. Could be a recommendation from the shaper if they have one or just something random. Started that with my first custom probably 20 years or so back and its still something I like to do. Allows me to try different ones.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Actually most mine are customs at this point and resized/refined if needed on the next order. The only special ritual I probably have going is I always buy a different set of fins to try when I buy a board. Could be a recommendation from the shaper if they have one or just something random. Started that with my first custom probably 20 years or so back and its still something I like to do. Allows me to try different ones.
I like boards that come with fins or shaper suggest which fins work :drowning: I hate when fins holds me back from new custom and fuks with my head:foreheadslap: Luckily only happen once in last 10+ years my first custom from stretch. He suggested the Stretch controllers "FU#3" for my superbuzz and felt like I was dragging anchors. I tried it a few times same so switched to thruster set "Stretch 3" after trying AMT. Worked good but I ordered a Stretch to ride as quad not a thruster. So I happen to order a grovel buzz next and got a 5 fin FU#2 set and switched the controllers with #2. My superbuzz took off and now own 3 pairs of FU#2 and my controllers work(ed) great in my grovel buzz:shaka:

Reactions: trifish

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
"Twin placement 4 futures" confuses me.

Surf with a couple SC ripper goofy footers this trip.

One had a black 5150 the other was riding a winged swallow tail Pug twin fin with a sweet abstract swirl job. Both boars looked great.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
"Twin placement 4 futures" confuses me.

Surf with a couple SC ripper goofy footers this trip.

One had a black 5150 the other was riding a winged swallow tail Pug twin fin with a sweet abstract swirl job. Both boars looked great.
I asked Dylan about it and him and Stretch got positive feedback from Dylan "puerto rico" and Picon "france" who both rode 5150s as twins but I guess when gets bigger puts small back fins in for more hold. I asked for two boxes and stretch convinced me to go 4 but pretty sure only ride as twin since I plan on using for head and under. 5150 has pretty pulled in tail compared to other stubby models like Mr and super buzz so twin cluster is back compared to 2win placement. I have never questioned feedback and always go with what they say and always happy.
Hey Jim!

Sitting here with Stretch right now reviewing this. He said he would place the front fins around 10”. He does something similar for our French team riders Sancho and Mike Picon. They both like their Twins set up as quads but the boxes shifted back

Reactions: Aruka