What is your can't go wrong board for low to average surf?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
2-4 ft faces is almost head high for me cause I’m an midget, errrr little person. Old, errrr seen many moons, aaaah been around the block a few times. And fat, errr won’t pass up a buffet. Or whatever term doesn’t offend you guys when I’m describing me. Oh yeah Asian too, not made in Asia but a replica.

This boar was fun in soft up to head high waves. Fins at 7 3/4 so passed the Griffin smell test. Shaped and designed locally by an Asian replica. All the people who touched it while being made are surfers.

On a serious note I know everyone involved with me getting this locally made custom boar. From the blank supplier, resin supplier, shaper, airbrusher, guys that glass, sand, set fins. Even the sales reps for the fins, wax and tail pad that went on the boar. That’s why I support locally built custom boars. My purchase puts food on their tables.

View attachment 131058
Another nice outline love this along with the Aipa modern fish :cheers:

Reactions: trifish and teeroi

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
For the record, I was kidding about shaka boy being racist in the crutch board topic, although it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the little guy is a racist.
Not that I need to defend my self and been said but almost 30 years married to a Latina highly doubt it:monkey:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If 2-4' means Surfline Florida 2-4' aka barely thigh to not quite chest, I'd probably pick a Puddle Jumper.

I have a beater Simon Anderson RPR, and the only marketing materials I ever found was "small wave swallow, perfect for 2-4 beachies". I would agree, provided the 2 means fun waist high surf.

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
2-4 ft faces is almost head high for me cause I’m an midget, errrr little person. Old, errrr seen many moons, aaaah been around the block a few times. And fat, errr won’t pass up a buffet. Or whatever term doesn’t offend you guys when I’m describing me. Oh yeah Asian too, not made in Asia but a replica.

This boar was fun in soft up to head high waves. Fins at 7 3/4 so passed the Griffin smell test. Shaped and designed locally by an Asian replica. All the people who touched it while being made are surfers.

On a serious note I know everyone involved with me getting this locally made custom boar. From the blank supplier, resin supplier, shaper, airbrusher, guys that glass, sand, set fins. Even the sales reps for the fins, wax and tail pad that went on the boar. That’s why I support locally built custom boars. My purchase puts food on their tables.

View attachment 131058
That looks epic MOAR pix please.

PS. I liked your review of yourself as much as the boar review.

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
That looks epic MOAR pix please.

PS. I liked your review of yourself as much as the boar review.
04C5E935-71F8-420E-ADAD-4BC7E9F7178C.jpeg

970AF452-FCE1-41E6-B3C5-DA73B30CA8BA.jpeg

Those were the 2020 Covid summer boars. Rode the Vesso “Manini” on the smaller softer days. Rode the Tokoro X2 on the good days up to a couple feet overhead. Gave the thruster to my friend Reid to try and never got it back. He still rides it. Gave the Manini to Tetsuo. Summer 2021 Tetsuo wasn’t working cause the Covid restrictions in Japan, no Japanese tourist. He broke his DD and was riding some sh*tty boar on a fun day so I told him I have a boar for you but no fins. He bought some Power Twins which was what Kerry set the placement for. His wife Yoshimi tried it and loved it so much she ordered a replacement from Kerry recently.