What is canoe surfing?

Jul 6, 2020
Last year i canoe surfed in Australia and it was my first experience out of United States. I was a little bit confused and i didn’t know about the place the waves and the wind. I tried to find some shops for the equipment but no luck. After one week i found this guys www.surfinghandbook.com and they really helped me with location and equipment. You know that feeling when you found your wave i didn’t want to fly back. This year i am planning fly to Hawaii. Canoe is my life and i hope this period of time and this corona will end os soon as possible.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: r32

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Not canoe surfing, but i remember guys would have ladders and chairs on longboards taking pictures of tourist in Waiks.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
This is what comes to my mind when I think of canoe surfing. Looks like a lot of fun.

I have a bro in law who is totally into outrigger paddling. One thing I will say about it- there is a lot more sense of community and an appreciation and acknowledgement of their Polynesian/Hawaiian cultural roots than in the surf world.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
downwind foiling is the new canoe surfing

It's both fun and a pain in the a**
going over the falls and having to put everything back together again in the surf break is a chore
we had a four man and surfed the hell out of it as kids
we also surfed a 2 man dingy which was way worse when it sunk to the bottom

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
This is what comes to my mind when I think of canoe surfing. Looks like a lot of fun.

I have a bro in law who is totally into outrigger paddling. One thing I will say about it- there is a lot more sense of community and an appreciation and acknowledgement of their Polynesian/Hawaiian cultural roots than in the surf world.

Lanakila?

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
What is canoe surfing?

It's fuking gnarly is what it is!
Great vids and pics guys. That's some amazing teamwork and it's really cool to watch :waving:

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
rigging the surf canoes with the likes of cord, bicycle tube and ti leaves... pure brilliance.