What do you ride in overhead - DOH SD reef breaks?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I wish I had the time to drive all the f over SD county all day long looking for one specific board.
Congrats!
It's been good practice at how to get around down here. Lot of loopy roads in San Diego county. If my phone died I would have to get to the water to know where the fvck I am.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Oh yeah. This is my only board over 6', it'll be used a lot even when I look a little kooky walking to the water with it.

Reactions: JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Not quite DOH in the videos... but i remember that swell and Blacks was mackin. I think he took out a 6'8 Hydronaut that swell, but the board was too big.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
+1. I rarely see tomos at the NCSD reefs in general.

There’s that one duuu that annoys a lot of people but hes the only one and they’re oversized crutches for him, imo.
If you go to some place like Blacks on a solid day, you won’t find many eps builds at all regardless of the shaper.

Reactions: sdsrfr

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Stretch 2x4 step up foil great for reefs you need paddle and great travel board easy 5 fin box quad to thruster :shaka:

Reactions: sdsrfr

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
They are, IMO, boards for clean rippable surf. Not please-leash-don't-fail-me-now days.
Yeah, barrel boar according to two ripper friends that have them. They did say it paddles bigger than expected FWIW.
I’m just shocked ReF isn’t pushing the psychonaut for tomo stap yet. C’mon, it was announced last year as the future of big wave performance, man. You’re slipping.
:poke:

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater