sometimes mixed with hot sauce

don't know of any other uses

broccoli :barf:

I prefer salsa, taco or hot sauce on many more things

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Pretty much nothing. Ketchup is the condiment of cretins.

That said, it is a great base for other sauces.
When I worked abroad they hated tomato Ketchup and called it Sauce. It was Ketchup. I know this Chinese Restaurant on Maui...been there for decades. Their sweet and sour sauce is Ketchup, soy and brown sugar (As told to me by the daughter of the owner)

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I hate American Ketchup. So much so that I would hit the sugar packets for iced tea at fast food places to help mellow ketchup. Then of course I wondered why American Ketchup sucked across all brands.

Ketchup Laws.

Yes, can you farking believe that - Being one of the many antiquated laws in America. vinegar content in ketchup is a fricking law still to this day…:roflmao:

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Just finished Malcolm Gladwell's "What The Dog Saw" and this essay stood out. Everything you wanted to know about the tomato based condiment that no longer tastes anything like tomatoes. Kind of inspired to try making the OG recipes before all the sugar got added.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Eggs. Burgers. Sweet potato fries.
I get the good stuff. No oils or chemicals. You ever look at the ingredients on Heinz Ketchup bottle?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
don't really eat it anymore since it typically pairs with sh!t food but I like it with hashbrowns, burgers, and my mom's breakfust mush (hamburger, potatoes, egg, cheese, and butter)

Reactions: Aruka

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I hate American Ketchup. So much so that I would hit the sugar packets for iced tea at fast food places to help mellow ketchup. Then of course I wondered why American Ketchup sucked across all brands.

Ketchup Laws.

Yes, can you farking believe that - Being one of the many antiquated laws in America. vinegar content in ketchup is a fricking law still to this day…:roflmao:
You add more sugar to ketchup :barf:
The vinegar in ketchup is the one thing that typical American cooking accidentally got right- which is how acidity elevates the flavor of food and counterbalances the fat.

The only time I will use ketchup is when eating fish and chips. I’ll add some malt vinegar and hot sauce (usually tobasco is what’s on hand) and make a dipping sauce for the fries with that.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
What do you put on burgers, hot dogs, sausage sandwiches? What do you put on a sandwich?
Burgers- cheese, lettuce, pickles, onions
Hot Dogs and sausages- cheese or plain
Sandwich- lettuce, onion, pickles, cheese, maybe oil and vinegar depending on sandwich

Not a sauce fan

Reactions: Kento