What could trump do to lose the support of his minions?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Anything he does in the name of conservatives is ok. But they'd turn on him the minute he became a Muslim or admited he's pro-choice.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
However, don't forget that the enemy of my enemy is my friend
This. The minions hate liberals and modern liberalism more than anything. It defines them. As long as Trump sticks it to the libs he can do no wrong.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The question seems to be based on the premise that Trump created these priorities instead of simply picking them up from society and that his departure will trigger the demise of these priorities.

That premise might be an example of wishful thinking. I think it could be argued that populism and the rejection of elitism isn't going anywhere, whether on the right or the left. Bernie is long gone but that hasn't diminished the number of people who agreed with him in principle from the outset.

AOC and the squad don't invoke the appeal to authority as the basis of their politics. They're very much about power to the people at the expense of the elites. Those themes may ebb and flow but over time they're not going away any time soon.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
This. The minions hate liberals and modern liberalism more than anything. It defines them. As long as Trump sticks it to the libs he can do no wrong.
And yet the minions don't seem to want their Obamacare taken away. :unsure:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The question seems to be based on the premise that Trump created these priorities instead of simply picking them up from society and that his departure will trigger the demise of these priorities.

That premise might be an example of wishful thinking. I think it could be argued that populism and the rejection of elitism isn't going anywhere, whether on the right or the left. Bernie is long gone but that hasn't diminished the number of people who agreed with him in principle from the outset.

AOC and the squad don't invoke the appeal to authority as the basis of their politics. They're very much about power to the people at the expense of the elites. Those themes may ebb and flow but over time they're not going away any time soon.
I think this is right. In fact, Trump likely cared nothing about the vast majority of the polices he put up. He's not really pro-life, he knows nothing about anything having to do with international diplomacy. He supported a few big ticket items (tax relief, immigration, pro-choice) because that's what they told him his base wanted. And they wanted it badly.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
If they only understood that liberalism brought them their lovely 2nd Amendment their heads would explode.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If they only understood that liberalism brought them their lovely 2nd Amendment their heads would explode.
Obviously. It sure wasn't an expression of authoritarianism. Just as there's nothing liberal about diminishing or rescinding the 2A.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
His scumbag cultists already showed their willingness to defend every lie he tells and even die for him

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Guns. Do or say anything to restrict guns and they'd mutiny
I honestly do not think so, the cult of personality is that strong. My buddy down in S jersey has a few bucks and know people who have been personally screwed by Trump and still support him.

Last edited: