What Boards You Got On Order?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Get some more boards fuck yeah. Just picked up a custom and trying to get more orders in. Said I wasn’t buying any more maybe a year ago and have been constantly rotating quiver.

Dialing it in though. Also, back on pu/poly. Can’t surf rail to rail on eps. Shaper says it’s my size? Wtf do I know?

oh, work close to a consistent spot you can squeeze sessions in.Wife gets resentful but what you gonna do?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Haha. No worries either way. I was just being funny. I'm realistic about that very specific limitation in my BS surfing. And I've probably been more aware of it lately since I've been riding keel fishes a lot the last few months. I blew another left last week... right in front of my buddy, who laughed his ass off. :rolleyes: It's become comical and is probably in my head a bit now.

Toobz- So, that is the shaper for Album in OZ? Looks like yours will be for good waves! stocked.
I was looking at the fish version, Fascination, or the Asym Bullet (quad fin but asym tail).
http://instagr.am/p/Bzq9sivByug/

Last edited:
Reactions: jkb

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
^ The 5'6 Bullet (one on the left) is available used for the bargain cost of $740.

Reactions: Aruka

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Haha. No worries either way. I was just being funny. I'm realistic about that very specific limitation in my BS surfing. And I've probably been more aware of it lately since I've been riding keel fishes a lot the last few months. I blew another left last week... right in front of my buddy, who laughed his ass off. :rolleyes: It's become comical and is probably in my head a bit now.

Toobz- So, that is the shaper for Album in OZ? Looks like yours will be for good waves! stocked.
I was looking at the fish version, Fascination, or the Asym Bullet (quad fin but asym tail).
http://instagr.am/p/Bzq9sivByug/
Hey mate, yeah Nathan is the shaper for Album here in Oz.
I’m hoping it will work in that chest to double OH range.
I looked at both the Fascination and Bullet but I’m more than covered in that wave range. I did see this Insanity with a similar tail shape to the Bullet that peaked my interest but after a bit of back and forth opted for the regular asym tail.
99F3EDC4-7083-4599-910F-04ACEC45286D.jpeg

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I did some work for HIC a few weeks back. Got a text don’t forget to invoice us and if you want to settle up in trade we can. So I replied reimburse materials and I’ll take trade, how many boards for the balance. He replied 3 but nothing too fancy. Haha. I’m assuming he means eps/epoxy or full gloss longboards. So I guess I can order 3 HIC Kerry Tokoro’s. Probably spread them out over the rest of the year. Going to start with a 6’4 pintail thruster to fill a hole in my NS quiver. Having boards in the bank are a good feeling.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Friend of mine just got a Kerry, it felt and looked incredible.

After taking L's on my last three XTR boards (Patterson IF-15 that was awesome but too light, Rusty Blade that felt slow and Patterson Pool Party that felt too stiff), I'm going back to a local guy who makes fish shapes I like for $380. Have a 5'5 quad that should be done in a few weeks.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Friend of mine just got a Kerry, it felt and looked incredible.

After taking L's on my last three XTR boards (Patterson IF-15 that was awesome but too light, Rusty Blade that felt slow and Patterson Pool Party that felt too stiff), I'm going back to a local guy who makes fish shapes I like for $380. Have a 5'5 quad that should be done in a few weeks.
Curious about your experience with TP IF-15 and Pool Party. Was the Pool Party to low (tail) rockered?

Sounds like the Pool Party 2 has slightly more tail rocker, or maybe I imagined that.

Gunther Rohn makes the T Patterson boards in Australia, and I'm tempted to order an IF-15.

Reactions: jkb

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Curious about your experience with TP IF-15 and Pool Party. Was the Pool Party to low (tail) rockered?

Sounds like the Pool Party 2 has slightly more tail rocker, or maybe I imagined that.

Gunther Rohn makes the T Patterson boards in Australia, and I'm tempted to order an IF-15.
I would get an IF-15 and neither of the Pool Partys. I had a Pool Party 1 and the construction felt too stiff, but the design didn't feel as good as the IF-15. IF-15 is the winner.

Reactions: Havoc and Maz

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
Racer, better go thru TP direct for best results. Broke my first two IF15 and PP within the first month:0
Ordered couple more, PP2 and Scorpion. These boards look so nice I almost dont even want to surf them.
I hear the guys are all raving about the PP2. The GM loves the Scorpion.

The Kerry Mojo was a solid board. Had a 5'10 28.8 ltr swallow, next go around i would try squash, it was slightly stiff with the Swallow. easy board to ride, good all around.... Uncle Steve is Aloha!

Mar 19, 2013
how do all you full time working or family duudes deal with no surf time?. its been killing me....Life changes after 2 kids(4&6mos).
Even have to share surf time with the wife :0
rack of sick boards getting no action - poor me- haha
ALoha
[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat, 2.5 year old and a 7 month old. It was tough once we had the first, but the second really ends all free time. I cant tell you how little i surfed over the last 7 months and when i do get out, the sessions are short and pressed. I just try to enjoy myself for like an hour maybe a little longer. Figured it should get better in about 15 years, by then ill only be able to ride a log.