What Boards You Got On Order?

Feb 22, 2019
SB
Lovelace!

I did have a color mishap on a Stepanek I got a few months ago but this one was completely wrong. I don’t mind though, color is the last thing I was worried about after the uber long wait.

Reactions: jkb and retodd

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Lovelace!

I did have a color mishap on a Stepanek I got a few months ago but this one was completely wrong. I don’t mind though, color is the last thing I was worried about after the uber long wait.
Have you ridden an asym before?

Let us know how it goes. Looks super fun!

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Have a Maurice Cole reverse v on order. Supposedly he’s in the states and will shape it. Don’t have any real expectations but always wanted to try one.

5’11” x 19 3/8” x 2 1/2” rnd square. Pretty stoked!

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
A buddy is helping Akila manage his orders (he’s been slammed) and two months is minimum wait. It’s probably in progress.
ok so, try wait:) no problem,
I didnt call him or text as thats 'the guy' you dont want to be, I figured just be mellow and respect the process. I also heard from a long time team rider & grom dad that he injured his back, so hope he is feeling better mainly.

2 things: wish i knew a little more about what to expect on the final stick.
&
hope its not too small & thin

how do all you full time working or family duudes deal with no surf time?. its been killing me....Life changes after 2 kids(4&6mos).
Even have to share surf time with the wife :0
rack of sick boards getting no action - poor me- haha
ALoha

Reactions: racer1

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Have a Maurice Cole reverse v on order. Supposedly he’s in the states and will shape it. Don’t have any real expectations but always wanted to try one.

5’11” x 19 3/8” x 2 1/2” rnd square. Pretty stoked!
You're gonna want to hold on to that board, his instagram post about his latest bout with cancer and this fight being the last ... your board is going to be some of the last he's ever going to shape :(

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
...how do all you full time working or family duudes deal with no surf time?. its been killing me....Life changes after 2 kids(4&6mos).
ALoha
I hear ya. I got 2 kids under 3. Surf on weekends doesn’t happen more than once a month. And I’ve heard it gets worse as they get older and have activities all weekend that you have to drive them all over town to. Maaaayybe I can bring a board if we are all hangin at the beach and go for a quick 20 while the kids are digging in the sand. Fortunately I have a flexible work schedule, so I am able to go during weekdays for quick sessions between meetings or whatever. Always have a board and wetsuit in the car with me.

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I didnt call him or text as thats 'the guy' you dont want to be, I figured just be mellow and respect the process. I also heard from a long time team rider & grom dad that he injured his back, so hope he is feeling better mainly.

&

how do all you full time working or family duudes deal with no surf time?. its been killing me....Life changes after 2 kids(4&6mos).
ALoha
ya ur surf life is over after kids. it gets better when they are 18 yrs old

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

&

ALoha
You're fvcked bro.

Not only are your number of surf days cut in half now, but the amount of time per session is cut in half too. You're essentially surfing 1/4 of the time you used to.

And instead of being able to drive a half hour to go surf the spot that you know is going off because the tide and wind are just right, you're forced to surf the closer spot that's knee high slop.

Whatever you do, put Aruka on ignore. His posts will make you long for your single board-hoarding days where you could chase waves all day long and follow up an epic evening session by sitting on your tailgate sipping on an ice cold beer while watching the sunset. Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore with kids, because you have to run home to make them dinner. It's depressing

:cry: