What Boards You Got On Order?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Christmas present.

I’m kneeboarding about 90 percent of the time now. My first one was in 2005 and only did it here and there. It’s like they say about a foreign language, once you start dreaming it, your there. Whenever I look at a wave now, I think where I would be on a kneeboard.

My quiver of kneeboards is geared torward medium to large reef waves. That’s what I like to surf. Small beachbreak is something I struggle in, my boards just aren't made for it, I bog.

I’ve been going to the kneeboard contests and having a blast. It’s rad hanging with other kneeboarders. competing, seeing their approach, and just shooting the sh!t and Tapping into the Source we bring to these events.

Most events have been held in small beachbreak so I got together with Barry Snyder and came up with something that might help me out. Lots of volume, step rail to reduce volume of the rail, V, Twinzer, and other contours.

Once again Barry delivered. I brought my other kneeboards he has made for a quiver shot at his new place.

Stocked.

B450A4BB-76A1-4A4B-B9D5-F0BC39D286AB.jpeg1BA3669E-2511-4B2E-A498-8B9D85E3DAE6.jpeg589FA229-1424-4CC7-AA94-C3DC3FE6F3F9.jpeg64D889A3-4A7C-48E9-8D03-A333777B8592.jpeg

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
I've been on a mission lately selling all the so so borts in the garage to fund some new ones. Sold about 6 or 7 to help with 3 new ones which are:

1 Akila modern fish. going 5'5 or 5'6, TBD... pretty stoked on this one, going into it with zero expectations

2. T.Pattersons : ordered a couple a few days ago. Looks like the new pool party 2 is a good time with 5'11 sauce and a side of squash. Also went with a 5'9 Scorpion for the smallish days on offer. At this stage with kids and a wife that wants to surf any time to surf is a good time.

I Wanted to order more stamps but got left out to dry in the email correspondence in and around the japan trips he was taking. haha

Wish i knew more about glassing schedules... basically dont like eps so go for the standard PU with 4x4 decks and single bottoms. Timmy's come light like this, i've had 5 from him so far, first two of 3 got destroyed so fast. The last two have been holding
Should someone who can pick up on little nuances be asking for some extras for performance? I dont need carbon on tail rails for strength. i'm thinking more like carbon along belly stringer kind of extras. Maybe differnt glass other than warp or E glass shop floor basics? Are there certain blanks that have less crackle and more pop or longer lasting perhaps? Prob still have time to tweak the order. Hoping for Any suggestions from the experienced custom erbb bros?

Enjoy the ride

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I've been on a mission lately selling all the so so borts in the garage to fund some new ones. Sold about 6 or 7 to help with 3 new ones which are:

1 Akila modern fish. going 5'5 or 5'6, TBD... pretty stoked on this one, going into it with zero expectations

2. T.Pattersons : ordered a couple a few days ago. Looks like the new pool party 2 is a good time with 5'11 sauce and a side of squash. Also went with a 5'9 Scorpion for the smallish days on offer. At this stage with kids and a wife that wants to surf any time to surf is a good time.

I Wanted to order more stamps but got left out to dry in the email correspondence in and around the japan trips he was taking. haha

Wish i knew more about glassing schedules... basically dont like eps so go for the standard PU with 4x4 decks and single bottoms. Timmy's come light like this, i've had 5 from him so far, first two of 3 got destroyed so fast. The last two have been holding
Should someone who can pick up on little nuances be asking for some extras for performance? I dont need carbon on tail rails for strength. i'm thinking more like carbon along belly stringer kind of extras. Maybe differnt glass other than warp or E glass shop floor basics? Are there certain blanks that have less crackle and more pop or longer lasting perhaps? Prob still have time to tweak the order. Hoping for Any suggestions from the experienced custom erbb bros?

Enjoy the ride
I like 1 layer of 4oz S-glass on top along with a layer of 4 oz e-glass. 4 oz e-glass on the bottom. It'll give you a little more durability and won't feel too stiff. I got a board that was the same glass schedule but built with all S-glass and found it too stiff, personally. I've also ordered thicker glass schedules, like 6x4oz up top and 4oz bottom and found those too stiff as well.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
my two stamps are 4s+4e/4 warp and feel really strong. A touch on the heavy side though. Maybe warp is a bit heavier?

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
I have two boards on order.

6'4 Rusty Black Bird. I'm fine with stock dims but I'm waiting to hear back if they suggest any tweaking. Really looking forward to this one.

5'11 Lost Beach Buggy. This is hopefully a copy of my magic one. I tried to reorder this board several times but always came up short. When Matt was in town for a Shaper's night at my local shop he found that the file number I had been ordering from wasn't even in their system. He took a look at the board and created a new file. Looking forward to see how she comes out. Super light glass and much more foiled rails than the stock.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Feedback from my little sesh. Board isn’t a true groveller but I didn’t want that anyway. It responds to rider input well and feels like I’ll be able to surf it vert in good waves. Can’t wait to try it in some bigger better surf. Cheee
Had a moonfish years ago that worked incredible in bigger and hollow surf. Broke it at Rockies pulling into closeouts.