What Boards You Got On Order?

Feb 22, 2019
SB
5’6 or 5’7 “good wave” SooperSnake from Ryan Lovelace. Been waiting upwards of 6 months now... I know him personally through an old job and asked him for an update about a month or two ago. He said that he still hadn’t gotten the blank from Varial. Go figure.

Hoping he cranks it out in time for my trip to Europe.

Reactions: jkb and Aruka

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Been thinking of ordering a few Xanadu's: Viper and Xank any other board modelsI should be looking at instead?
That is the hot combo to get from him. I particularly also like the Mareh. Kind of a foiled version of the Xank with increased tail rocker without going too extreme.
X14, lots of drive thanks to its parallel outline.
21s and 22 needs a wave, otherwise they feel stiff.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Been thinking of ordering a few Xanadu's: Viper and Xank any other board modelsI should be looking at instead?
I think those two are a good starting point.

My Viper is a Viper-CT, no idea what the difference is between that and the regular Viper. I'd describe it as a real waves board for chest high and bigger. Good hold when you need hold but loose when you need loose. I will order another. Good HPSB for good waves at home in CA that is going to go good in real waves when you travel too.

Xank made me sh!t my pants when I saw it, the rocker and outline just looks so good. Knee to chest high surf. Some of the most fun I've had on a surfboard in memory. Good paddler, easy entry into waves. Basically seems to handle every shape of wave despite the mellow rocker. I'm running large DHD fins with a medium DHD fin as the trailer. Total magic.

I've only surfed one wave on my X21, but using the same fins as the Viper (Merricks) definitely felt looser than the Viper. Volume distribution is different too. But that was just my impression for the one turn / one wave ridden

All those above boards are based on the same rocker, talk to Xanadu about your surfing, he will point you to a "family". He knows what he's doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka and jkb

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Thanks of the info. I used to get a bunch of Xanadu's in the 2000's that were all super fast and lively. Got a Swift last summer that works well in the real groveler stuff. Sounds like the Xank and Viper will round out the mini quiver nicely. My only complaint is his website has so many different models and all the X models are even more confusing its hard to know what to order.

Reactions: Havoc

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Always hear great things about Xanadus... most of the ones mentioned here are from Family 1? Anyone have experience with the lower entry/tail rocker shortboards? Family 3 I believe. And do any of his shortboards have a little extra nose width? Most look kind of narrow on site - but pictures don't always tell the full story.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
After the last swell, I realized my 7'6 was just a little small for the biggest days. So ... 8'3 x 20.3 x 3.1 Blackbird on order from Rusty. This will be a dedicated quad with a Pantone 207C resin tint. Hopefully, this isn't too big of a step up in board. Going from 6'8 to 7'6 to 8'3 on the big boars. Yew!

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
44EEE23E-EA3B-4245-AB00-AD3F6FCF20B0.jpegCC916142-9D88-4B69-B6E1-CBFBB7794F43.jpegB81BD272-BBAD-4176-8B2C-EAF6A5AFBE25.jpeg

My cheater board. Tried to get pics before I waxed it but smudges on phone lens.

Tokoro Moonfish 6’0 x 20 x 2 3/4. I asked Wade to pull in the nose and put some vee out the back.

There’s suppose to be a out of season south today but the waves were pretty small and high tide. Got a couple at Bowls but it was hard to tell how the board works. It felt a little sluggish but paddled into waves well. Went over to Rockpiles to go in. RPS likes the high tide a lot more. Got a little waist high runner and pumped to get speed and the board accelerated and I tagged the close out. Couldn’t stop smiling. Was going to go in but paddled back out for another one. Got a little one that was even smaller but flew thru the section and threw a little hook. Roy , RV Surf was giving a lesson and threw up his arms and yelled yeah you. Haha.

Feedback from my little sesh. Board isn’t a true groveller but I didn’t want that anyway. It responds to rider input well and feels like I’ll be able to surf it vert in good waves. Can’t wait to try it in some bigger better surf. Cheee

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I ordered an oakfoils winged stubby skate, just couldn't resist the special pricing he does at end of year. still need to get an alpha omega order going.

Reactions: jkb and teeroi

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
I ordered an oakfoils winged stubby skate, just couldn't resist the special pricing he does at end of year. still need to get an alpha omega order going.
The winged skate looks like a sick shape.

I couldn't resist, either. Ordered Oak's New Phase HBSP and a Step-up... still need to nail down dim's.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Feedback from my little sesh. Board isn’t a true groveller but I didn’t want that anyway. It responds to rider input well and feels like I’ll be able to surf it vert in good waves. Can’t wait to try it in some bigger better surf. Cheee
Nice looking board teeroi. Would you characterize it as a medium performance shortboard? (MPSB)

Reactions: teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Nice looking board teeroi. Would you characterize it as a medium performance shortboard? (MPSB)
I don’t get to surf everyday during the winter unless we’re working on a house on the north shore. Even then if it’s bigger than 16 foot faces I pass. So it’s a board to catch waves but can surf in the tube and turn vertically. I had him make me this design before and it worked great. Don’t know why it wasn’t as popular as his Lemonade is now. It requires more rider input than a really flat rockered fish to surf well so yeah medium performance. Wade named it the Moonfish cause it looked like an Opah with the wider nose. Not because it’s a fish design.