What Boards You Got On Order?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Picked this guy up today from xtr. Color has more of a purple hue on the blacks/grays than expecting, but overall shape feels spot on. It is pretty much a squashed down shadow to bump the liters up a little and drop some inches. 6' x 19.75 x 2 11/16 (32.7L)
Looks sick! Got the exact same color scheme on my XTR Patterson coming this month.

Reactions: teeroi and trifish

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
how much was shipping on the xtr to the islands, if you don't mind my asking? Might be out there for a few months next year, thinking of timing an order on it

Reactions: teeroi

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Looks sick! Got the exact same color scheme on my XTR Patterson coming this month.
Nice man, I usually get them without color but thought I would mix it up. Would be curious if yours ends up similar with the purple hues or if they just didnt glass with enough paint mixed. I had asked for black rails, solid gray body. Board feels great, hopefully get some waves tomorrow to give it a run.

Reactions: teeroi

Dorado

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 25, 2007
6’3 Hound just added a one up 6’5 . Magic board for navigating hollow fast beach breaks

Attachments

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Nice man, I usually get them without color but thought I would mix it up. Would be curious if yours ends up similar with the purple hues or if they just didnt glass with enough paint mixed. I had asked for black rails, solid gray body. Board feels great, hopefully get some waves tomorrow to give it a run.

Last two boards I got solid gray complete board and at first they look purple, but once they've been in the sun a bit they turn to grey. Takes maybe a week or two of surfing it and then it's grey. This time I added the black rails so I could paint black over the XTR logos, I don't like a lot of logos on my boards.

Reactions: trifish

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Last two boards I got solid gray complete board and at first they look purple, but once they've been in the sun a bit they turn to grey. Takes maybe a week or two of surfing it and then it's grey. This time I added the black rails so I could paint black over the XTR logos, I don't like a lot of logos on my boards.
They won't leave the XTR rail lams off upon request? Varial was putting the Infused Glass lam on their rails and all I had to do was ask for them to be left off.

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
That makes me happy to hear. It was the only thing that bummed me a bit when I saw it but apparently my wife and son dont see the purple. They are starting to make me think i'm crazy.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
They won't leave the XTR rail lams off upon request? Varial was putting the Infused Glass lam on their rails and all I had to do was ask for them to be left off.
I asked and Javier said he would really like to have them on there as that's their only marketing on boards, being that the shapes are by other shapers. I respect his dedication to making a product I enjoy so I didn't push it further than that. I'll just color over them, plus I've always wanted a board with black rails - I heard they go faster.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I asked and Javier said he would really like to have them on there as that's their only marketing on boards, being that the shapes are by other shapers. I respect his dedication to making a product I enjoy so I didn't push it further than that. I'll just color over them, plus I've always wanted a board with black rails - I heard they go faster.
I think they actually do, since any wax that ends up on them gets melted off from the sun.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Got three Bushys a couple weeks ago... 6'4", 6'9", 7'9"... gray rails, green decks... I'm in love
Would definitely look at a proper Bushman gun if I ever get myself to the North Shore. What are his prices like?

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
whats up with the bushman quality these days. heard they were pretty shotty for awhile?
had a magic 6'10 20 yrs ago