What Boards You Got On Order?

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
I am a kneeboarder so for me a long fish is 5' 10".
Yes, I ride a 5’8 CC Fish. Great board. This one has a similar feel but a much larger range. Test drove a 6’6 last week in long lefts and it was a blast. So fast and serious projection down the line. It will smash fast point breaks. Can’t wait. It’s a mid length fish.
BTW. My 5’8 has almost identical thickness and width and both have refined down rails.

Reactions: Havoc

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
CED97F10-598E-4E9F-B277-E2AA81D44214.jpeg

F59EDDD7-A402-4A77-A22E-23768A5FA5E6.jpeg

Jeannie sprayed my cheater board last Wednesday. It’s at the glassers but it’s the busiest time of the year for them. Triple Crown, World title and all that. Probably won’t see it finished til after December. It’s ok I told Wade no rush.
By the way the winner of the HIC Pro at Sunset, David Van Zyl was on a Tokoro. Great start of the season for Wade.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
What is that Troy? A tweaked moonfish? Looks cruisy, but knowing Wade it'll also rip.
Yup. I asked Wade to pull the nose in off the Moonfish. I asked for vee too. He said there’s some already. And I asked Jeannie to spray the deck band to make it look like it has a pointed nose. Ronnie Yamada is in our FS club and he used to say if the board doesn’t have a point what’s the point. Haha.

Going to have it glassed like a pro board single 4oz S on the deck. We’ll see how long it will last but should be able to throw it around. It’s my cheater board. Don’t get to surf as much during the winter unless we have a job up there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc and racer1

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Yup. I asked Wade to pull the nose in off the Moonfish. I asked for vee too. He said there’s some already. And I asked Jeannie to spray the deck band to make it look like it has a pointed nose. Ronnie Yamada is in our FS club and he used to say if the board doesn’t have a point what’s the point. Haha.

Going to have it glassed like a pro board single 4oz S on the deck. We’ll see how long it will last but should be able to throw it around. It’s my cheater board. Don’t get to surf as much during the winter unless we have a job up there.
lol I've always wondered what your username meant. makes sense now.

Reactions: teeroi

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Funny story about Ronnie (I don't know him personally), we're at the Fish Fry at Queens back in 2014 and he has a team. Jun is on my team and they know each other so of course they're talking sh!t and it's funny. It's a laidback event, meant to be fun, you pick a number and have to ride the corresponding numbered board. Not too serious, although everybody wants to win. I thought Ronnie was just talking sh!t cause he knows Jun, but this other team of older guys says good luck to Ronnie and his team when they're getting their jerseys. Ronnie says, "We don't need luck and your team sucks." then walks away. The older guys were baffled. Jun and I saw it and we were laughing so hard. We still reference it.

Reactions: Havoc and teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Love it Racer. Ronnie talks sh*t on our FS group emails too. Some times it’s not funny just mean. Especially to Mita and Double G. Gregg hardly sends us clips anymore cause Ronnie and I are very judgmental. Haha.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Love it Racer. Ronnie talks sh*t on our FS group emails too. Some times it’s not funny just mean. Especially to Mita and Double G. Gregg hardly sends us clips anymore cause Ronnie and I are very judgmental. Haha.
Gregg sends all his clips to the Lighthouse thread. None of us want to see Bowls clips.

Going to Maui next month with Mita and Gregg, hoping to score Honolua.

Reactions: Aruka and teeroi

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
lol I've always wondered what your username meant. makes sense now.
There’s this guy I skate with that likes to give everyone nicknames. He would call me all kinds of stupid sh*t. T-biscuit, T-T, T-square after I found a square pool in Kahala.

If we were sessioning and I would get a good run or make a trick I was working on he would yell Teeeee-roi. So among my skate crew it kinda stuck.

Nowadays my nickname is Unko(uncle). I think I’m going to shave my white hair off and dye my eye brows black again. If I really need a wave to go in I yell Unko gotta go work put my head down and stroke into the next wave. So far it’s been working. At least the last time I went to a tittie-bar the strippers didn’t call me Unko. Haha

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Picked this guy up today from xtr. Color has more of a purple hue on the blacks/grays than expecting, but overall shape feels spot on. It is pretty much a squashed down shadow to bump the liters up a little and drop some inches. 6' x 19.75 x 2 11/16 (32.7L)

Attachments

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
There’s this guy I skate with that likes to give everyone nicknames. He would call me all kinds of stupid sh*t. T-biscuit, T-T, T-square after I found a square pool in Kahala.

If we were sessioning and I would get a good run or make a trick I was working on he would yell Teeeee-roi. So among my skate crew it kinda stuck.

Nowadays my nickname is Unko(uncle). I think I’m going to shave my white hair off and dye my eye brows black again. If I really need a wave to go in I yell Unko gotta go work put my head down and stroke into the next wave. So far it’s been working. At least the last time I went to a tittie-bar the strippers didn’t call me Unko. Haha
Brian Suratt gave us nicknames
Mine was Hopscotch :)
He gave Rawson more than one - Portagee , Pinochio and a few more

So I felt fine with mine .

I was given a great one in custom motorcycle world around 1975 .

Reactions: Havoc