What attribute(s) make longboards turn better?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You can do all that on this same board that is capable of doing so much more .

A simple comment .
Except you can't, because it doesn't feel the same in the same waves. It feels different to have more fins. But we all know there is no talking to you about anything to do with fins. Put nine of them on there, go ahead.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
There’s a lot of knowledge freely shared over on jamboards.com on all sorts of longer boards. Worth searching / asking there
I like how my "How was your surf today? Share your stoke!" thread is still kicking along on page 1. There was quite a bit of negativity at the time so I started it to keep a positive thing out there. If you post on there keep sharing your stoke.

Reactions: jory

dk1973

OTF status
Jun 11, 2011
This sounds like "performance" longboard talk. I'm out. 9'0 harbor singlefin for me, endgame. Pumping on a longboard to get more speed lol, k. They make other surfboards for that, but only for about the last 60 years.
For simple minded kooks like yourself its hard to understand the design forum I guess. I only ride my longboard when its small knee to waist and I ride my other boards (fish) (shortboard) depending on the waves. And yes I can pump my 9'1" longboard on a waist high wave and get speed.

• Dislike
Reactions: stringcheese

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
How in the hell are you going to slide out when you have 15 fins on your longboard? Furthermore, if you're worried about sliding out, you probably took out the wrong board.
Must be something wrong with you
Its obvious these are for ehanced trimming - reducing the possible sliding out when riding in the nose area - trimming .

Dead Kooks contacted me about these and is now making them .

http://instagr.am/p/CQ2ieHqpyE8/

Reactions: Waterlogged05

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
For simple minded kooks like yourself its hard to understand the design forum I guess. I only ride my longboard when its small knee to waist and I ride my other boards (fish) (shortboard) depending on the waves. And yes I can pump my 9'1" longboard on a waist high wave and get speed.
I guess what makes longboards turn better is having a shltty attitude about your useless "alternative" (over)design....er..."concepts".