What are the most important lessons you’ve learned from living?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
As a child, my mom used to say that when she tucked me in bed at night. What does it mean?
Not sure of exact translation, but it more or less says 'Work sets you free".

Then they sent you to the showers to get clean for your next day of dying on the job.

And what have I lessons have I learned from living?

A - With a good night of sleep, most anything is possible
B - It all ends
C - Friends can be a mixed blessing
D - A little vanity is good to have
E - We're social animals
F - Try stuff
G - Keep making new friends
H -Try not to be willfully ignorant
I - Steer clear of zealots
J - Spontaneity and planning are the faces of the coin of the realm
K - Learn how to make a different meal for each day of the week
L - Don't be a parasite
M - Clean up after yourself
N - Learn to read
O - You can do your best and still fail
P - Know thyself
Q - Frugal and cheap are not the same thing, and yeah, don't be cheap

Attachments

Last edited:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Tip valets/doormen/concierges/waitresses/waiters/bartenders early and often, you will have a far better experience and the reward/outlay ratio is ridiculous

where there is smoke there is usually fire

Don't hide from the truth, accept the consequences, make the hard decisions.

Fail fast and never repeat the same mistakes

get it in writing

for some reason I seem to keep needing to relearn a few of these

Reactions: kidfury

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Never believe a woman when she says she is on the pill.

If you need to be stealth, roll with a joint instead of a pipe/bong. (this may be obsolete now)

Even when all looks lost, never give up. Instead, dig deeper. (this has gotten me barely under the lip at times when I really needed to get under that lip)

If you are performing in front of a crowd, the next best thing to succeeding spectacularly is failing spectacularly. The key is you GO.

1 before 11 but not 11 before 1.

The slow trucker you give the finger to on the freeway may be helping you fix your car further down the road.

If she smokes, she pokes.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Roll down the windows, turn off the music, have your registration , license and insurance ready and keep your hands visible
I like you’re style. I had this down to an art form lol. See 5-0 wants to talk as I’m on the 10. There’s my exit. Get off freeway and find nice safe place to park and talk to Johnny Law. I don’t want him standing on the side of the 10 while we chat. Roll down windows and turn off car. Remove key from ignition if applicable. Hands remain in sight on wheel from now on. When asked for lic and reg state where they are in vehicle or on person and ask for permission to retrieve/produce. Dont lie unless you have a really really good reason to.

Speeding turned into ”fix” your tints. Cop in Malibu didn’t care if I had a rx or not, asked if it was Kush, wasn’t concerned if I was blazed, and let me keep my stash.

Never trust a guy wearing pointy shoes.