What’s ur fave surfskate?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What’s the right length deck?

still standing by for the cheapest option for a not skater who refuses to be identified as a longboard cuck.

Reactions: MathDebater

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

still standing by for the cheapest option for a not skater who refuses to be identified as a longboard cuck.
Wheel base is what you are looking for not over all length both personal preference but general rule taller wider stance bigger wheel base but for street. I am 5'8" and go from 14.75" bowls to 15.15" street cruiser has bigger wb but shorter deck if you see pic above.

Reactions: Havoc and sdsrfr

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
here’s our cruiser quiver, just pulled these from the board rack, big boards and soft wheels. My son put soft bushings on the Miller and I actually like it so squirrely and super fun in bowls.
View attachment 111501
SC how loose do you run your trucks? I trip out on preference of some how tight they run yet are able to carve tight lines in the bowl. I run both front and back hand tight as much as possible then 1/4 turn sk8 key. I always change out indy bushings for medium bones.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

ya wheelbase is what to look at. depends on your height/stance. I'm 5'10 and wheelbase on mine is 16" I believe, deck is 29"

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
front truck = wobble city, I have it as loose as possible
back truck - maybe two turns tighter than front but still loose

for bushing I use bones medium bushing on bottom with a soft on top. Custom set up hahaha.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
With surfskates I don't even know where to start. Having one is admitting you have sh!t motor skills and probably suck at surfing too. It makes you look like a retard sverwing around trying to make some speed. Just go to the skatepark like a normal person and either do street, bowl, ramp or even freestyle. How does a surfskate make you better at surfing? If you need practice wiggling your feet, there are other more serious issues to consider. Get a normal skateboard and start learning ollies. 10x more fun and the other skaters will cheer you on instead of hating on you for being an idiot with a stupid board with wiggly trucks.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
With surfskates I don't even know where to start. Having one is admitting you have sh!t motor skills and probably suck at surfing too. It makes you look like a retard sverwing around trying to make some speed. Just go to the skatepark like a normal person and either do street, bowl, ramp or even freestyle. How does a surfskate make you better at surfing? If you need practice wiggling your feet, there are other more serious issues to consider. Get a normal skateboard and start learning ollies. 10x more fun and the other skaters will cheer you on instead of hating on you for being an idiot with a stupid board with wiggly trucks.
pretty sure this is one of ur ancestors albeit from an adjacent country

1624033537319.png

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
My son has so much product I just make setups for fun now. He wins a ton of sh!t doing little local comps, then our friends family owns skateshops . its a mess, just grabbed this stack of decks from his room to take a pic.
View attachment 111511
board hoarding is hereditary :roflmao:
Compared to surfin' sk8'in is cheap and most big companies have huge sales couple times year. Been a few years but used to score cheap stuff from Powell Thanksgiving holidaze weekend usually Saturday after:shaka: I highly recommend shopping/supporting at local sk8 store but if you have to go on line check out SoCal skate shop great service and huge selection.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Frolicking in the flowers this spring has done wonders for your disposition my friend!