What’s ur fave surfskate?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
No way man. All of those brands you listed might not be core skate brands but they make legit quality products. Google "Skateboard" on Amazon and you'll quickly see the wavestorm rivals.
I am not questioning quality of make I am strictly talking about ride, feel, experience, etc and all these boards are like surfing a wavestorm on a good day and some one or two steps below and would be like sup:toilet:
You can ride a carver or sector 9 what ever long board in a bowl yes but is it the right tool for the job:shrug: This whole surf sk8 market puzzles me with actual surfers who can surf. If you really want to get the feeling of surfing on cement go hit a bank, bowl, or even curb front side and do a big carving grind:shaka: No feeling comes close to surfing then carving a bowl at the park and if you say you want to get some pump excercise try carving a 6' bowl:waving:

Belchfire1

Nep status
Jun 27, 2013
Encinitas
I am not questioning quality of make I am strictly talking about ride, feel, experience, etc and all these boards are like surfing a wavestorm on a good day and some one or two steps below and would be like sup:toilet:
You can ride a carver or sector 9 what ever long board in a bowl yes but is it the right tool for the job:shrug: This whole surf sk8 market puzzles me with actual surfers who can surf. If you really want to get the feeling of surfing on cement go hit a bank, bowl, or even curb front side and do a big carving grind:shaka: No feeling comes close to surfing then carving a bowl at the park and if you say you want to get some pump excercise try carving a 6' bowl:waving:
I agree that skating one of these carver type boards isn't like surfing or "real" skateboarding. I wouldn't want to skate a carver in a bowl or any transition really. They're fun to put around the parking lot on or cruise the hood. I actually have a bowl in my yard and mostly ride my bmx in it, although I can skate it, if I need to. received_237304417748442.jpeg

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I agree that skating one of these carver type boards isn't like surfing or "real" skateboarding. I wouldn't want to skate a carver in a bowl or any transition really. They're fun to put around the parking lot on or cruise the hood. I actually have a bowl in my yard and mostly ride my bmx in it, although I can skate it, if I need to. View attachment 111395
Fucking awesome!!!!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I agree that skating one of these carver type boards isn't like surfing or "real" skateboarding. I wouldn't want to skate a carver in a bowl or any transition really. They're fun to put around the parking lot on or cruise the hood. I actually have a bowl in my yard and mostly ride my bmx in it, although I can skate it, if I need to. View attachment 111395
Even flat ground makes no sense to me because pushing and then pumping sk8 is best work out you work muscles on your foot and leg you do not realize you have until you sk8.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
They seem like they'd be fun for skating around the neighborhood. Would assume many people don't have access to a bowl in their yard and/or a skatepark.

Curious how different they are from an old skateboard with soft wheels and loose trucks as referenced above. I've got an old Sector 9 with a 4 ply deck and use the flex to pump that without having to push unless uphill. Pivot truck could probably make that even more surf like.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
No reply from a bro-brah company? That’s weird.
I think they're in Brazil. I talked with someone in the business (sector9 and others) he hadn't heard of them, he also recommended (for me) to get a regular board with softer bushings (maybe risers) to carve the skate park by my house

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I am convinced all these surf-skate companies went out of business considering everything is sold out on their websites

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005

these were hot sh!t at the time
I snapped a spring on one and tried to replace it, nightmare

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
They seem like they'd be fun for skating around the neighborhood. Would assume many people don't have access to a bowl in their yard and/or a skatepark.

Curious how different they are from an old skateboard with soft wheels and loose trucks as referenced above. I've got an old Sector 9 with a 4 ply deck and use the flex to pump that without having to push unless uphill. Pivot truck could probably make that even more surf like.
Like I already mentioned better feel and better work out on normal skate out front of house pushing then pumping and any neighborhood driveway makes perfect long wave. You push and pump down the the sidewalk one drive way to next: bottom turn, off the top, pump, etc. Most of the skate surf boards have flat tails and worthless for real carve off bank. I owned a sector 9 "Puerto Rico" with gullwing side winder trucks and soon traded it in for normal sk8 which I had way more fun on.

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
whatever. haters gonna hate.

sarfskutes are fun for what they are. carving driveways an little alleyway chit. had a few over the past 10yrs.

favorite is still the first one. a little stock carver kerzy with cx. little kicktall an nose flip to lock you in.

F10B4EB1-0F85-45A9-AB14-CD88411F0331.jpeg

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Even flat ground makes no sense to me because pushing and then pumping sk8 is best work out you work muscles on your foot and leg you do not realize you have until you sk8.
I am beat after 30 mins of flatground, Ill go an skate a parking lot up the street with my kid. I get tired as fuck after some kickflop attempts and a couple stupid manny combo battles :roflmao:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
whatever. haters gonna hate.

sarfskutes are fun for what they are. carving driveways an little alleyway chit. had a few over the past 10yrs.

favorite is still the first one. a little stock carver kerzy with cx. little kicktall an nose flip to lock you in.

View attachment 111464
Braaa does dat swallow allow for ultimate shred in the wave face dude:shaka: