What’s the ideal breakfast? (Surf related because of nutrition, staying healthy to surf, etc)

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Since I usually dawn patrol my surf sessions, I almost never eat anything before surfing. Maybe a banana. I'm thinking I need to fuel up a bit more before surfing...

ps about once a month I like to go out have a real merican breakfast- coffee (American, none of that capucho stuff), eggs over easy, hash browns, sausage (never was a big fan of bacon except, for some reason, when I'm camping), and pancakes.

Day to day- coffee and toast and jam or some Italian breakfast biscuits (light).

When I was a bachelor I ate breakfast for dinner a lot (cereal or eggs and sausage).

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
2 cups of coffee with creamer
small scoop of greek yogurt with a handful of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries

If I get hungry before lunch, I'll add a hard boiled egg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Human Remains Smoothie:

1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup mixed frozen berries
1/2 cup diced human remains
1 tsp. flax seed (for a nice nutty flavor)
1 tsp. honey

Pro tip: A powerful blender (such as a vitamix)is your best bet for grinding down the human remains to a smooth consistency.
You should listen to the band Human Remains. They’re the best death metal band of all time,

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I'll do any cold cuts, but salami is my favorite

Also I prefer hard salami over Genoa which has a weaker flavor
Place in Germany I would get breakfast at did a breakfast sandwich with salami, ham and cheese with a pat of butter and slice of cucumber.

Reactions: Havoc

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
You know he had to have those saved on his computer. Guys a fucking creep.
I'm going to photoshop Sara's picture. What should I do? Blackface? Naw. You would call me a racist. Maybe put her face on a Jason Davis Burger King body. Maybe some "ice cream" dribbling from her lip.

• Dislike
Reactions: maybe

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Pre-surf = Banana or protein bar & 1/2 cup of coffee
Post Surf= Chicken and bean burrito with avocado, no cheese. Or Veggie scramble and toast.
Work day= 1 hard boiled egg, 1 cup of greek yogurt, toast and fruit. Sometimes trade the yogurt for oatmeal.
*Wash it all down with a large glass of coconut water or splurge on a Jamaica.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The bezt breskfast I have ever had after surf was at Tamara rice and beans huevos frito con patacones y cafe negro por favor. Bezt pre fruit and granola and black coffee.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Almost every morning I eat a large bowl of oatmeal with a chopped banana, toasted nuts (usually walnuts and pumpkin seeds), 1 scoop of protein powder, pinch of salt and cinnamon.

Sometimes I'll add some berries and/or chia seeds.

That will usually keep me well fueled for a 3-4 hour session. If I don't eat enough in the morning I'll run out of steam before lunch time. I don't usually have much appetite when I wake up and the thought of eating something like bacon and eggs grosses me out. I love eggs for lunch though. A bowl of beans and rice with four over easy eggs and an avo on top is a favorite.

Reactions: rowjimmytour